Vietnam’s environmental protection strategy aims to promote international cooperation to complete the legal system, improve environmental management skills, apply technology and create financial resources for environmental protection.
The Minister of Natural Resources and Environment Nguyen Minh Quang said this at the 9th the Republic of Korea-Vietnam Ministerial Meeting on Environment in Hanoi on May 7.
Minh said the meeting is a forum for Korean businesses to boost cooperation with Vietnam towards the target for green growth, environmental protection and coping with climate change.
At the meeting, Korean experts shared experiences helping to show Vietnam how to revise the Environmental Protection Law and implement the national target program to deal with environmental pollution that has been approved by the National Assembly.
After the meeting, two ministers witnessed the signing of a cooperation document strengthening the legal framework and implementing activities to restore polluted land and underground water for the 2012-2015 period.
A Vietnam-Korea Business Forum on Green Technology 2012 was also held during the event.
|< Prev||Next >|
» Counterterrorism bill approved
» JICA to aid Mekong on climate issue
» H7N9 vaccine needs international cooperation
Latest Category Posts
- Training course help improve disaster response
- Dak Nong authorities want to chase-off wild elephants
- Tough fine follows red-mud spill
- Vietnam pledges to build maritime reserves
- Soc Trang benefits from mangrove forest project
- Nation faces energy, water resources challenges
- Pollution threatens Nha Trang Bay
- Farmers kill rare wolves to protect livestock
- Polluted rivers need long-term fix
- 45 species recognised as heritage trees
Popular Category Posts
- Climate change threatens agricultural development
- Medical waste poses health and environmental concerns
- Central region faces serious flooding consequences
- MoIT asked to rethink hydro-power plants
- Authorities' ability questioned after toxic waste case
- Warmer oceans may up mercury levels in fish: study
- Natural forests disappear, rubber growing areas arise
- In pictures: Hundreds protest sand dredging, which causes coastal erosion
- High-school students make environment-friendly soap
- HCMC hospital installs water treatment system
- Seminar discusses coastal area climate change adaptation
- Controversial hydropower projects defended by owner
- Scientists call for urgent actions to rescue dipterocarp forests
- Government sniffing out sub-standard hydro projects
- VN invests in waste treatment
- Delta builds water treatment plants
- Vietnam pays dearly for loosened mining management
- People destroy elephants’ house in central region
- Vietnam repeats “hydropower mistake” with oil refineries?
- PM decided to rescue Cat Tien national park