French President Nicolas Sarkozy has conferred the order of the Legion d’honneur on Professor Ngo Bao Chau at the Elysee Palace.
The order was directly presented to him on February 27, said Chau.
The decree in this connection was signed on April 22, 2011, to honour Professor Chau’s great contributions to the French and Vietnamese education.
In 2010 he won the renowned Fields medal for his solution to a mathematic problem that remained unresolved for 30 years.
|< Prev||Next >|
» French President to visit Vietnam next year
» Syria chemical arms deal 'not an end point', Hollande says
» French opposition vote descends into chaos
Latest Category Posts
- Blind girl with brain tumor wins Bill Gates Award
- Vietnamese school awarded in UK
- VN claims junior division at international robotics contest
- National fellowships awarded to female scientists
- Viet Nam snares three golds at international maths contest
- Vietnamese students win medals at int’l Biology Olympiad
- Vietnam wins two golds at Int’l Physics Olympiad
- New VN Talent Awards benefit society
- Vietnamese student named a Brisbane ambassador
- Vietnamese students win prizes at Intel ISEF 2013