All six students of Vietnamese team won one gold, three silver and two bronze medals at the 53rd International Mathematical Olympiad.
Vietnamese team at the 53rd International Mathemetical Olympiad in Argentina – Photo: VNA
The six students are Dau Hai Dang, Nguyen Phuong Minh, Nguyen Ta Duy, Nguyen Hung Tam, Tran Hoang Bao Linh, and Le Quang Lam.
With this performance, Vietnam ranked 9th among 100 participating delegations in this year competition which took place in Mar del Plata city, Argentina from July 10-11.
Last year, Vietnam ranked 31st among out of the 90 participating delegations.
The International Mathematical Olympiad is an annual World Championship Mathematics Competition for high school students and is held annually in a different country.
Source: VGP News
|< Prev||Next >|
» Private schools suffer unfair treatment: high tuitions saddle parents
» PISA tests makes MOET surprised, students proud and embarrassed
» Vietnamese students among top-performers in PISA survey
Latest Category Posts
- Blind girl with brain tumor wins Bill Gates Award
- Vietnamese school awarded in UK
- VN claims junior division at international robotics contest
- National fellowships awarded to female scientists
- Viet Nam snares three golds at international maths contest
- Vietnamese students win medals at int’l Biology Olympiad
- Vietnam wins two golds at Int’l Physics Olympiad
- New VN Talent Awards benefit society
- Vietnamese student named a Brisbane ambassador
- Vietnamese students win prizes at Intel ISEF 2013