Six students from Lac Hong University representing Vietnam at the 11th Asia-Pacific Robocon Contest in Hong Kong came in second after being outclassed by their Chinese opponents in the final round on August 19.
After defeating Japan in the semi-finals, Vietnam cruised into the final game against China, cherishing hopes of winning the champion title.
However, a technical error turned their party sour when they finished the game two seconds less than their Chinese opponents.
Japan and Thailand shared third prize.
Taking place in Hong Kong, the contest attracted 17 teams from 16 countries and territories in Asia and the Pacific.
Teams were required to direct their robots to cross Bridges and Tunnels, land the Island, climb the Bun Tower, snatch the lucky Buns and achieve “Peng On Dai Gat.”
Source: VOV News
|< Prev||Next >|
» Hong Kongers dislike mainland Chinese more than Japanese: poll
» Deputy Minister: Vietnam prioritises child protection
» Popular Hong Kong actors join city show
Latest Category Posts
- Blind girl with brain tumor wins Bill Gates Award
- Vietnamese school awarded in UK
- VN claims junior division at international robotics contest
- National fellowships awarded to female scientists
- Viet Nam snares three golds at international maths contest
- Vietnamese students win medals at int’l Biology Olympiad
- Vietnam wins two golds at Int’l Physics Olympiad
- New VN Talent Awards benefit society
- Vietnamese student named a Brisbane ambassador
- Vietnamese students win prizes at Intel ISEF 2013