Pham Minh Quy, a student of Tran Phu High School in Da Lat, has invented an automatic plant protection spray machine.
Pham Minh Quy poses with his automatic plant chemical spraying machine
The spray machine is a combination of an old motor improved to run bidirectionally, a length of strap or belt connected with a bicycle hub and a spray lever. The spray lever is fixed to a pipe leading to a container of plant protection chemical. The gadget is a simple mechanism and functions based on the pulley system.
When switched on, the pump will apply pressure to push the chemical to the spray lever and then the pulley pulls the lever so that it sprays the chemical on the plants.
According to Quy, plants with short stems like vegetables, flowers and tea can also be sprayed with this machine as it can work on different terrains.
The total cost of this machine is only VND3 million (USD150) and it can replace 10 laborers. With this machine, peasants can reduce time spent on spraying their crops and exposing themselves to harmful chemicals.
|< Prev||Next >|
» Samsung moves its factories from China to Vietnam
» 900 Fukuoka students conclude exchange program to Vietnam
» Vietnamese manufacturers rely on Chinese materials and machinery
Latest Category Posts
- Hanoi students bag medals at int’l science Olympiad
- Vietnamese student wins Victoria International Education Awards
- Vietnamese students win medals at Int’l Mathematical Olympiad
- The extraordinary child prodigies in Vietnam
- Scientist chooses hometown over high pay
- Vietnamese students win fourth prizes at Intel ISEF 2013
- VN student wins Gates Millennium grant
- Winners of UPU letter writing contest honoured
- Vietnam wins two golds at Asian Physics Olympiad
- Vietnam shines at inventors’ contest in Malaysia