Hanoi organised a ceremony on Aug. 21 to honour 112 top university graduates. Over the past nine years, the city has honoured 816 students who achieved excellent results in study.
Addressing the event, Chairwoman of the Hanoi People’s Council Ngo Thi Doan Thanh said the honoured students are the high-quality human resources and the valuable treasure of the capital city and the country.
She also urged the students to promote the volunteer spirit of youth by doing practical works contributing to the national construction and development progress.
Earlier the same day, the outstanding students met with National Assembly Chairman Nguyen Sinh Hung, who asked them to keep up their academic work, and become an active factor in building a learning society and a developed knowledge economy.
Students must be determined to overcome difficulties and be proud as Vietnamese people to bring prosperity to the country and heighten its prestige in the international arena, he said.
The Chairman expressed his belief that students with a good foundation of knowledge would attain many achievements in studying and working and would realise their dreams in the future.
Also on the same day, the outstanding students took part in a contest on “the Legendary Ho Chi Minh trail on the sea” and jointly wrote and signed in a letter to soldiers who station in the Truong Sa (Spartly) archipelago.
The activity is aimed at raising the city’s youth and awareness of national defence task and urging them to heighten their responsibility to defend islands and sea. It also aims to give an encouragement officers and soldiers working in the Truong Sa archipelago.
|< Prev||Next >|
» PM approves action plan for ethnic work
» World Festival of Youth, Students underway in Ecuador
» Vietnamese students make interlocking block bricks from SIT
Latest Category Posts
- Vietnamese student wins Victoria International Education Awards
- Vietnamese students win medals at Int’l Mathematical Olympiad
- The extraordinary child prodigies in Vietnam
- Scientist chooses hometown over high pay
- Vietnamese students win fourth prizes at Intel ISEF 2013
- VN student wins Gates Millennium grant
- Winners of UPU letter writing contest honoured
- Vietnam wins two golds at Asian Physics Olympiad
- Vietnam shines at inventors’ contest in Malaysia
- Four Vietnamese young talents honored by int'l “technological circle”