Vietnam always attaches importance to bilateral friendship and multi-faceted cooperation with the Philippines, Party General Secretary Nong Duc Manh has said.
President Nguyen Minh Triet and President Benigno S. Aqino. Photo: TTXVN
He made the statement while receiving Filipino President Benigno S. Aqino III in Hanoi on Oct. 31.
The Party leader proposed that the two countries work closer to solve regional issues of mutual concern.
President Benigno S. Aqino also said the Philippines attaches importance to increasing multi-faceted cooperation with Vietnam, including economics, trade and culture, coping with common challenges and working together in regional and international forums.
He said the two sides should move to expand and deepen their friendship and all-round cooperation in the coming years in the spirit of the Philippines-Vietnam joint statement on their cooperation in the first 25 years of the 21 st century and the next period.
On the occasion, the Vietnamese Party leader expressed his sympathy for the victims of the storm Megi, saying he believes the country will soon overcome its hardships to develop and contribute to the region’s peace and cooperation.
|< Prev||Next >|
Latest Category Posts
- Vietnam vows firmer ties with Francophone agency
- PM: Vietnam needs suggestions at partnership forum
- Philippines keen to bolster ties with Viet Nam
- Vietnam, Spain speed up defence cooperation
- Viet Nam reviews human rights laws
- Viet Nam, Laos, Cambodia strengthen Front work
- ASEAN Community looks to coming years
- Deputy PM visits Canada to seek stronger co-operation
- Vietnam, Belarus legislatures talk to forge ties
- Romania places importance on Vietnam
Popular Category Posts
- Gold pit collapses, burying four gold miners
- Viet Nam, Belgium agree to widen business co-operation
- Singapore's PM eyes ASEAN goal
- President Sang salutes Danish ties
- Viet Nam, Russia hold sixth strategic dialogue
- Typhoon Nari devastates central Vietnam
- Party leader greets Japan's Communist delegation
- Lawmakers agree to issue law on public investment
- State funeral to be held for General Giap
- Party chief backs support for VN writers and artists
- PM Dung welcomes strategic partnership efforts with France
- NA chairman greets UK's Prince Andrew
- Thousands of people march on street with pregnant woman’s coffin
- China, VN build Friendship Palace
- VN, France talk defence
- 3 Vietnamese expats among 49 killed in Laos plane crash
- Deputy PM greets China–Vietnam Association Chairman
- Party Plenum opens in Ha Noi
- General Vo Nguyen Giap leaves Hanoi in people's tears
- Foreign ship in distress near Ly Son Island