The fourth Summit of the Ayeyawadi-Chao Phraya-Mekong Economic Co-operative Strategy (ACMECS 4) is a good opportunity for member countries to review cooperation and seek measures towards more dynamic and practical ACMECS cooperation, said the Vietnamese PM.
Vietnamese PM Nguyễn Tấn Dũng delivers his keynote speech at ACMECS 4, Phnom Penh, Cambodia, November 17, 2010 – Photo: VGP/Nhật Bắc
PM Nguyễn Tấn Dũng made the remark on Wednesday in Phnom Penh, Cambodia, at ACMECS 4 with the participation of his counterparts from Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar and Thailand.
The Vietnamese PM underlined that since the founding in 2003, ACMECS has gained initial achievements and supplemented to other regional cooperation frameworks.
According to PM Dũng, in spite of strengthened cooperation mechanisms and widened scopes of cooperation, quite a few potentials have been yet appropriately tapped.
As an amicable neighbor and reliable partner of other ACMECS countries, asserted Mr. Dũng, Việt Nam hopes to make positive contribution to ACMECS and believes in the future cooperation.
From the left: The PMs of –Thailand, Việt Nam, Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, and the ASEAN Secretary General at ACMECS 4, Phnom Penh, Cambodia, November 17, 2010 – Photo: VGP/Nhật Bắc
Concluding ACMECS 4, the leaders adopted the Phnom Penh Declaration, paving the way for regional cooperation in eight sectors, namely tourism, transportation, agriculture, trade and investment facilitation, public health, human resources development, industry and energy, and environment.
|< Prev||Next >|
» Deputy PM welcomes Thai official in Hanoi
» Estonia lauds relations with Vietnam
» Vietnam forges cooperative ties with Bolivia
Latest Category Posts
- Vietnam, Brunei navies establish hotline
- Philippines keen to bolster ties with Viet Nam
- Vietnam, Spain speed up defence cooperation
- Viet Nam reviews human rights laws
- Viet Nam, Laos, Cambodia strengthen Front work
- ASEAN Community looks to coming years
- Deputy PM visits Canada to seek stronger co-operation
- Vietnam, Belarus legislatures talk to forge ties
- Romania places importance on Vietnam
- PM asks for New Year price controls
Popular Category Posts
- Gold pit collapses, burying four gold miners
- Viet Nam, Belgium agree to widen business co-operation
- Singapore's PM eyes ASEAN goal
- Viet Nam, Russia hold sixth strategic dialogue
- Party leader greets Japan's Communist delegation
- Typhoon Nari devastates central Vietnam
- Lawmakers agree to issue law on public investment
- State funeral to be held for General Giap
- Party chief backs support for VN writers and artists
- PM Dung welcomes strategic partnership efforts with France
- NA chairman greets UK's Prince Andrew
- Thousands of people march on street with pregnant woman’s coffin
- China, VN build Friendship Palace
- VN, France talk defence
- 3 Vietnamese expats among 49 killed in Laos plane crash
- Deputy PM greets China–Vietnam Association Chairman
- Party Plenum opens in Ha Noi
- General Vo Nguyen Giap leaves Hanoi in people's tears
- Foreign ship in distress near Ly Son Island
- Thousands of people pray at General Vo Nguyen Giap’s grave