A big fire broke out Monday evening from a neon sign in a design shop in Ho Chi Minh City’s District 10.
The cause is not known yet but an electrical short circuit is suspected, Photo: Vietnamnet
The cause is not known yet but an electrical short circuit is suspected.
The staff of Light & Life shop in Su Van Hanh Street said since the sign was on the fourth floor, no one noticed the fire when it broke out.
It quickly spread to the neon sign of a neighboring karaoke parlor, creating a big blaze.
Local residents and guests at the karaoke place ran out on to the street, causing disorder. Power was cut off to the area and many shops had to close. Traffic was interrupted.
Four fire trucks quickly arrived at the spot. No sooner did they put out the fire before it started again on the fourth floor of Light& life, belching smoke.
It was not extinguished until 7.30pm.
Many glass fragments were found on the street in front of the shop. According to the staff, goods were stocked on the fourth floor and could possibly have been burned.
|< Prev||Next >|
» Vietnam may import 20,000 boxes of fireworks for New Year
» Vietnamese life in the 1990s
» Two traffic construction projects near completion
Latest Category Posts
- HCM City People’s Council opens 12th session
- PM urges Hai Phong to support development
- US President’s Deputy Assistant welcomed in Hanoi
- President: Awareness of judicial reform improved
- Vietnam, Czech Republic beef up defence links
- Tribute paid to South Africa’s late President
- Prime Minister meets Hai Phong voters
- Deputy PM Minh welcomes US guest
- Party chief: VNU must be cradle of science research
- Vietnam pursues policy to protect human rights
Popular Category Posts
- Gold pit collapses, burying four gold miners
- Viet Nam, Belgium agree to widen business co-operation
- Viet Nam, Russia hold sixth strategic dialogue
- Typhoon Nari devastates central Vietnam
- State funeral to be held for General Giap
- PM Dung welcomes strategic partnership efforts with France
- Thousands of people march on street with pregnant woman’s coffin
- China, VN build Friendship Palace
- 3 Vietnamese expats among 49 killed in Laos plane crash
- Deputy PM greets China–Vietnam Association Chairman
- Party Plenum opens in Ha Noi
- Deputy PM praises elderly role models for development drive
- General Vo Nguyen Giap leaves Hanoi in people's tears
- Foreign ship in distress near Ly Son Island
- Revised law eyes better environment for bidding
- Thousands of people pray at General Vo Nguyen Giap’s grave
- Death toll in firework warehouse explosion in Phu Tho rises to 24
- People's Air Force marks fifth decade
- ASEAN leaders approve documents that put forward ambitious visions
- VN helps to unite ASEAN community