A high-ranking delegation from the Vietnamese Ministry of Public Security led by Minister Tran Dai Quang on a working visit to Cambodia held talks with Sar Kheng, Cambodian Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Interior on Wednesday.
A high-ranking delegation from Vietnam led by Minister Tran Dai Quang paid a working visit to Cambodia on September 8. , Photo: VNA
Minister, Quang stressed the significance of the fruitful traditional relationship between Vietnam and Cambodia in different periods.
Vietnam and Cambodia need to consolidate and expand their cooperation in national defence and security, especially the prevention of transnational crimes.
The Vietnamese minister underlined the resolve of the two countries’ leaders in building a peaceful and stable common border line and cooperating for mutual development, as well as their commitments to the principle of not allowing hostile forces using one country’s territory to launch activities harmful the other’s security.
Both host and guest agreed to continue implementing agreements signed by the two ministries, especially the Cooperation Plan in 2011 between the two countries’ public security agencies in crime prevention, social security and order, and personnel training.
Minister, Sar Kheng briefed his guest on his country’s political and socio-economic development in the first seven months of this year, saying the situation incambodia’s border area with Thailand is becoming stable, creating conditions for Cambodia to improve and enhance cooperative ties with Thailand.
On the same day, the Vietnamese delegation paid a courtesy visit to Cambodian Prime Minister Hun Sen.
Earlier, the delegation on Tuesday laid a wreath at the Independence Monument and the Vietnam-Cambodia Friendship Monument. They are scheduled to conclude the visit on September 9.
Source: Tuoi Tre
|< Prev||Next >|
» Stricter aviation security needed in changing times
» Vietnam joins efforts to ensure maritime security
» Domestic violence prevention network launched
Latest Category Posts
- Ambassador highlights cooperation potential with Malaysia
- NA Vice Chairman visits Sweden to foster bilateral ties
- Vietnam actively joins efforts in promoting human rights
- HCM City, Guangdong boost all-around cooperation
- Vietnam pursues policy to protect human rights
- President signs order to implement newly revised Constitution
- PM says maintaining economic stability crucial for HCM City
- Philippines keen to bolster ties with Viet Nam
- Vietnam, Spain speed up defence cooperation
- Viet Nam reviews human rights laws
Popular Category Posts
- Gold pit collapses, burying four gold miners
- Viet Nam, Belgium agree to widen business co-operation
- Viet Nam, Russia hold sixth strategic dialogue
- Typhoon Nari devastates central Vietnam
- State funeral to be held for General Giap
- Thousands of people march on street with pregnant woman’s coffin
- China, VN build Friendship Palace
- 3 Vietnamese expats among 49 killed in Laos plane crash
- Party Plenum opens in Ha Noi
- Deputy PM greets China–Vietnam Association Chairman
- Deputy PM praises elderly role models for development drive
- General Vo Nguyen Giap leaves Hanoi in people's tears
- Foreign ship in distress near Ly Son Island
- Revised law eyes better environment for bidding
- Thousands of people pray at General Vo Nguyen Giap’s grave
- Death toll in firework warehouse explosion in Phu Tho rises to 24
- People's Air Force marks fifth decade
- ASEAN leaders approve documents that put forward ambitious visions
- VN helps to unite ASEAN community
- Party General Secretary vows to fight corruption