Political relations between Russia and Vietnam are at a highly developed stage and ties between the two countries will expand constantly in future, said a Russian diplomat.
Meeting with the press in Ho Chi Minh City on Feb. 17 on the 62nd anniversary of diplomatic ties between Vietnam and Russia , Russian Consul General in Ho Chi Minh City Anatoli Borovik affirmed that during the past 62 years, friendship and mutual understanding between the two nations became a firm foundation for the development of the Russia-Vietnam strategic partnership.
He said that along with enhancing bilateral cooperation, Russia-Vietnam ties in the framework of regional and multilateral cooperation will also be boosted.
He said that 2011 was a significant year with important agreements between the two countries’ leaders, and progress in major cooperative projects.
In term of economic cooperation, trade turnover between the two countries hit US$2.5 billion.
In the field of energy, cooperation in oil and gas continued expansion and the two countries coordinated in preparation for the construction of a nuclear power plant in southern central Ninh Thuan province.
New steps of development were also obtained in bilateral cooperation in space science, science and technology, telecoms, mining, information technology and raising sturgeon.
Noteworthy was cooperation in tourism and education. In 2011, Vietnam ’s southern localities attracted over 100,000 Russian visitors and at present over 4,000 Vietnamese students are studying in Russia .
The Russian diplomat also said that cooperation in national defense between the two countries is developing fruitfully and is expected to continue expanding. He said Russia is always ready to assist Vietnam in this area.
|< Prev||Next >|
Latest Category Posts
- Philippines keen to bolster ties with Viet Nam
- Vietnam, Spain speed up defence cooperation
- Viet Nam reviews human rights laws
- Viet Nam, Laos, Cambodia strengthen Front work
- ASEAN Community looks to coming years
- Deputy PM visits Canada to seek stronger co-operation
- Vietnam, Belarus legislatures talk to forge ties
- Romania places importance on Vietnam
- PM asks for New Year price controls
- Party leader praises work of the VASS
Random Category Picks
Popular Category Posts
- Gold pit collapses, burying four gold miners
- Viet Nam, Belgium agree to widen business co-operation
- Singapore's PM eyes ASEAN goal
- Viet Nam, Russia hold sixth strategic dialogue
- Typhoon Nari devastates central Vietnam
- Party leader greets Japan's Communist delegation
- Lawmakers agree to issue law on public investment
- State funeral to be held for General Giap
- Party chief backs support for VN writers and artists
- PM Dung welcomes strategic partnership efforts with France
- NA chairman greets UK's Prince Andrew
- Thousands of people march on street with pregnant woman’s coffin
- China, VN build Friendship Palace
- VN, France talk defence
- 3 Vietnamese expats among 49 killed in Laos plane crash
- Deputy PM greets China–Vietnam Association Chairman
- Party Plenum opens in Ha Noi
- General Vo Nguyen Giap leaves Hanoi in people's tears
- Thousands of people pray at General Vo Nguyen Giap’s grave
- Foreign ship in distress near Ly Son Island