Fires at the Nong Son coal mine in the central province of Quang Nam has blazed up after several years of smoldering underground.
Smoke from fires makes hundreds of workers suffocate. Some workers fainted.
Underground fires have been reported for several years but the mine operator and local authorities have not thoroughly solved the phenomenon, causing environmental pollution that has affected tens of thousands of local residents.
In related news, two newly-drilled wells in a district of Quang Binh province in central Vietnam have blazed up.
Scientists examined the wells and defined that the fire was caused by methane from a gas bag.
The local authorities have asked locals to close the wells and not use them for further inspection.
|< Prev||Next >|
» Vietnam's taekwondo team hopes for gold in Myanmar
» PISA tests makes MOET surprised, students proud and embarrassed
» Not accelerate 4G development in Vietnam: Minister
Latest Category Posts
- Party leader meets voters
- Viet Nam, Brunei navies establish hotline
- Viet Nam, Ukraine cement bilateral ties
- Viet Nam, Bolivia target stronger trade co-operation
- VN condemns Yemen attack
- US soldiers' remains formally repatriated
- Philippines keen to bolster ties with Viet Nam
- Vietnam, Spain speed up defence cooperation
- Viet Nam reviews human rights laws
- Viet Nam, Laos, Cambodia strengthen Front work
Popular Category Posts
- Gold pit collapses, burying four gold miners
- Viet Nam, Belgium agree to widen business co-operation
- Singapore's PM eyes ASEAN goal
- Viet Nam, Russia hold sixth strategic dialogue
- Typhoon Nari devastates central Vietnam
- Party leader greets Japan's Communist delegation
- Lawmakers agree to issue law on public investment
- State funeral to be held for General Giap
- Party chief backs support for VN writers and artists
- PM Dung welcomes strategic partnership efforts with France
- NA chairman greets UK's Prince Andrew
- Thousands of people march on street with pregnant woman’s coffin
- China, VN build Friendship Palace
- VN, France talk defence
- 3 Vietnamese expats among 49 killed in Laos plane crash
- Deputy PM greets China–Vietnam Association Chairman
- Party Plenum opens in Ha Noi
- General Vo Nguyen Giap leaves Hanoi in people's tears
- Thousands of people pray at General Vo Nguyen Giap’s grave
- Foreign ship in distress near Ly Son Island