After a strong crash between a cement and a rice ships, the ship named Duy Phuong 36 and 2,400 tons or rice were sunken. Twelve sailors were rescued.
The accident happened at 3.30am of April 14, around 130km from the shore of Thanh Hoa province, central Vietnam.
The Quang Anh 54 vessel was carrying 900 tons of cement from the northern port city of Hai Phong to Ky Ha when it collided with the Duy Phuong 36 ship, which was transporting 2,400 tons or rice from An Giang province in the Mekong Delta to Hai Phong.
After the crash, Duy Phuong was sunk while the cement ship had a hole on its stern.
The twelve sailors on Duy Phuong ship was taken to Quang Anh ship. The cement ship arrived at the Nghi Son Port in Thanh Hoa on the afternoon of the same day.
Investigators are inspecting the accident.
|< Prev||Next >|
» 'Fast and Furious' star died of impact, fire
» NYC crash train nearly three times over speed limit: probe
» Racing movie 'Fast and Furious' actor Paul Walker dies in car crash
Latest Category Posts
- Nelson Mandela remembered in Vietnam
- Prime Minister Dung active in Japan
- PM vows to continue facilitating operation of Japanese firms
- Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia together combats drugs
- Deputy PM: 2013 marks a milestone in Vietnam-US ties
- Vietnam, Russia hold first strategic defence dialogue
- PM seeks more Japanese business support
- Vietnam pursues policy to protect human rights
- President signs order to implement newly revised Constitution
- PM says maintaining economic stability crucial for HCM City
Popular Category Posts
- Typhoon Nari devastates central Vietnam
- State funeral to be held for General Giap
- Thousands of people march on street with pregnant woman’s coffin
- China, VN build Friendship Palace
- Deputy PM greets China–Vietnam Association Chairman
- 3 Vietnamese expats among 49 killed in Laos plane crash
- Party Plenum opens in Ha Noi
- Deputy PM praises elderly role models for development drive
- Revised law eyes better environment for bidding
- General Vo Nguyen Giap leaves Hanoi in people's tears
- Foreign ship in distress near Ly Son Island
- Thousands of people pray at General Vo Nguyen Giap’s grave
- Death toll in firework warehouse explosion in Phu Tho rises to 24
- ASEAN leaders approve documents that put forward ambitious visions
- People's Air Force marks fifth decade
- VN helps to unite ASEAN community
- Locals duped by power plant promises
- China, Viet Nam agree to take strategic partnership to next level
- Oil co-operation with Gazprom zooms ahead
- Phu Tho: At least 15 people died in firework warehouse explosion