Three middle school students drowned Sunday afternoon when bathing in a river in the central province of Phu Yen, while three family members had been torched to death in a house fire earlier today in the Central Highlands province of Gia Lai.
People give first aid to three victims of a drowning which happened Sunday afternoon in the central province of Phu Yen. The three, who were all middle school students, drowned when bathing in a local river., Photo: Tuoi Tre
Five students at Vo Thi Sau Middle and High School were taking a bath in the Binh Ba River in Tuy An District when three of whom were suddenly drowned by strong currents.
Local residents rushed to the river to save the three following shouts for help by the other two, but they failed to make it.
The three victims have been identified as Tran Huy Hoang, a 7th-grader, Nguyen Cong Hau, Hoang’s peer, and Tran Van Hung, an 8th-grader, all hailing from the same commune.
The residents said the five’s bathing site is very dangerous as it is truly deep with swift currents flowing underwater.
There have been many drownings recorded around the area, they added.
In the other tragic accident, three siblings, 23-year-old Le Thi Kim Chi, 21-year-old Le Huu Nhan, and 20-year-old Le Thi Ai Nguyen were killed in the fire when they were sleeping on the second floor of their 30-year-old wooden house in Pleiku City – Gia Lai's provincial capital.
The fire occurred around 1:00 am and quickly destroyed the house, despite local people’s efforts to contain it.
The three failed to get out of the flames while their mother, who was sleeping downstairs then, luckily managed to escape.
It is surprising that local firefighters only arrived at the scene 30 minutes later when the house had become a sheer charcoal frame.
Short circuit is suspected to trigger the fire, local authorities say, adding they will work out the cause very soon.
Firefighters direct water into the house ...
... when it has become a sheer charcoal frame.
Police are investigating the cause of the fire.
Source: Tuoi Tre
|< Prev||Next >|
» Three schoolboys drown after saving classmates
Latest Category Posts
- Estonia treasures ties with Vietnam
- Fourth Vietnam-China border committee meeting concludes
- Vietnam attends UMNO’s 64th General Assembly
- Vietnam follows developments in East China Sea
- Belarus seeks high-tech cooperation with Vietnam
- Partners vow to stand behind Vietnam’s development
- Vietnam, Thailand friendship associations hoped to boost ties
- Vietnam vows firmer ties with Francophone agency
- PM: Vietnam needs suggestions at partnership forum
- Philippines keen to bolster ties with Viet Nam
Popular Category Posts
- Gold pit collapses, burying four gold miners
- Viet Nam, Belgium agree to widen business co-operation
- Singapore's PM eyes ASEAN goal
- President Sang salutes Danish ties
- Viet Nam, Russia hold sixth strategic dialogue
- Typhoon Nari devastates central Vietnam
- Party leader greets Japan's Communist delegation
- Lawmakers agree to issue law on public investment
- State funeral to be held for General Giap
- Party chief backs support for VN writers and artists
- PM Dung welcomes strategic partnership efforts with France
- NA chairman greets UK's Prince Andrew
- Thousands of people march on street with pregnant woman’s coffin
- VN, France talk defence
- China, VN build Friendship Palace
- 3 Vietnamese expats among 49 killed in Laos plane crash
- Deputy PM greets China–Vietnam Association Chairman
- Party Plenum opens in Ha Noi
- General Vo Nguyen Giap leaves Hanoi in people's tears
- Foreign ship in distress near Ly Son Island