Authorities of the two provinces, Bac Ninh in the north and Ba Ria Vung Tau in the south, yesterday presented two speedboats to theTruong Sa (Spratly) archipelago for patrol and rescue missions in the East Sea.
The model of the speedboat CQ1 gifted to Truong Sa, Photo: Tuoi Tre
Manufactured by the Techniques General Directorate of the High Command of Navy, the speedboats belong to CQ class and each has a value of VND3.5 billion (US$168,300).
“The supplementing of the vehicles helps Vietnamese forces in Truong Sa patrol to defend national maritime sovereignty and join rescue missions,” said senior lieutenant colonel Nguyen Van Thu -- deputy political commissar and vice chairman of the People’s Council in Truong Sa island district.
Now, all 33 islands of Vietnam in Truong Sa are equipped with the CQ speedboat, Thu added.
Earlier, Hanoi sponsored building a cultural house worth VND24 billion ($1.15 million) on the Song Tu Tay island in Truong Sa.
Tuoi Tre Newspaper had launched the ‘Let’s Build Truong Sa’ fund and raised a total d of over VND42 billion ($2 billion) from donations contributed by Vietnamese people, of which VND17 billion was spent to build a three-storey community house on Da Tay island. It was inaugurated this month.
Source: tuoi tre
|< Prev||Next >|
» VN keeps an eye on East China Sea
» Australian university workshop discusses East Sea issue
» PM discusses East Sea with NZ minister of defence
Latest Category Posts
- Vietnam pursues policy to protect human rights
- President signs order to implement newly revised Constitution
- PM says maintaining economic stability crucial for HCM City
- Philippines keen to bolster ties with Viet Nam
- Vietnam, Spain speed up defence cooperation
- Viet Nam reviews human rights laws
- Viet Nam, Laos, Cambodia strengthen Front work
- ASEAN Community looks to coming years
- Deputy PM visits Canada to seek stronger co-operation
- Vietnam, Belarus legislatures talk to forge ties
Popular Category Posts
- Viet Nam, Belgium agree to widen business co-operation
- Typhoon Nari devastates central Vietnam
- State funeral to be held for General Giap
- Thousands of people march on street with pregnant woman’s coffin
- China, VN build Friendship Palace
- 3 Vietnamese expats among 49 killed in Laos plane crash
- Party Plenum opens in Ha Noi
- Deputy PM greets China–Vietnam Association Chairman
- Deputy PM praises elderly role models for development drive
- General Vo Nguyen Giap leaves Hanoi in people's tears
- Foreign ship in distress near Ly Son Island
- Revised law eyes better environment for bidding
- Thousands of people pray at General Vo Nguyen Giap’s grave
- Death toll in firework warehouse explosion in Phu Tho rises to 24
- People's Air Force marks fifth decade
- ASEAN leaders approve documents that put forward ambitious visions
- VN helps to unite ASEAN community
- Party General Secretary vows to fight corruption
- Locals duped by power plant promises
- China, Viet Nam agree to take strategic partnership to next level