|1. An Giang Tourimex|
Category: Tourist Information
City: An Giang
|2. Viettronimex Danang|
Category: Electrical Goods
City: Da Nang
|3. Vietnam Cement Industry...|
Category: Building Materials
City: Ha Noi
|4. Vimedimex Medi Pharma...|
City: Ho Chi Minh
|5. Zuellig Pharma Co., LTD.|
City: Ha Noi
|6. Panasonic Vietnam Co.,...|
Category: Electrical Goods
An Airbus plane of Vietnam Airlines took an emergency landing on Da Nang Airport on May 24 night due to a malfunctioning of the oxygen mask system.
A Vietnam Airlines aircraft (for illustration only), Photo: Internet
The plane took off in Hanoi at 7:30 pm on May 24 for a flight to Ho Chi Minh City, but 30 minutes later, the pilot decided to take an emergency landing on the Da Nang airport, since the plane’s oxygen mask system was suddenly activated due to something wrong.
While the plane was flying, the chief pilot was informed by an alarm system that the pressure inside the aircraft changed and a short moment later, the system automatically turned on, a Vietnam Airlines spokesperson said.
Tran Trong Tan, a passenger on the plane, recounted that when dinner was about to be served to passengers, the chief pilot requested all flight attendants halt their duty.
A moment later, all oxygen masks were dropped down and the air inside the aircraft became so hot and hard to breathe that the attendants had to provide child passengers with handheld oxygen cylinders, Tan said.
The stewardesses requested that all passengers wear life jackets and wait for further instructions, adding that the plane might fly towards the sea.
Finally, the plane landed safely on the Da Nang airport, and all passengers continued their journey on another aircraft and arrived in HCMC at 1 am on May 25.
After the incident, the plane flew back to Hanoi, where safety checks were carried out.
The plane worked normally again later.
Source: Tuoi Tre
|< Prev||Next >|
» Vietnam’s aviation industry dreams of flying high
» The pilot who turned the tide of war
» Vietnam considers hiring foreigners to manage airports
Latest Category Posts
- Lao localities hope to foster ties with Vietnam
- ECB's Mario Draghi spots 'encouraging' UK economy signs
- DPM: Japanese ODA helps boost national development
- Nick Vujicic inspires audience at Vietnam debut
- Lao leader receives Vietnam’s ethnic committee delegation
- Limbless Nick Vujicic warmly welcomed in HCM City
- Vietnamese celebrate Buddha’s birthday
- Socio-economic plan discussed by officials
- Hanoi Party Secretary apologizes to Duong Lam villagers
- VN, RoK foster strategic partnership
Random Category Picks
- Vietnam urges international law compliance in East Sea
- ‘Tap into all resources's advises Party leader
- President inspects measures to cope with sea level rise
- Posthumous Gold Star Order bestowed on late acting president
- Regional social welfare conference opens in Hanoi
- Anti-Corruption Initiative Program to kick off in November
Popular Category Posts
- PM meets with Thai, Myanmar leaders at regional convention
- PM Dung holds talks with Lao Party General Secretary
- Thousand-year Champa citadel discovered in Quang Nam
- Vietnamese, Russian legislatures agree to strengthen partnership
- National Assembly panel debates revised Constitution
- PM tours Mekong Delta provinces
- Phong Nha – Ke Bang National Park’s officials dismissed
- Vietnam strengthens ties with Qatar
- Vietnam responds to Earth Hour 2013
- VN and NZ agree to lift defence ties
- Inauguration of world's largest dragon-shaped steel in Da Nang
- Party Central Committee's 7th conference closes
- Vietnam, New Zealand agree to lift defence ties
- Vietnamese, Chinese Party chiefs hold phone talks
- City urged to meet key goals
- VN-Myanmar strive for $500 mln bilateral trade
- Malaysia shares landmark anniversary
- Veteran officials give Constitution views
- Vietnam always backs German investors
- President Sang calls for more co-operation with Canada