An Airbus plane of Vietnam Airlines took an emergency landing on Da Nang Airport on May 24 night due to a malfunctioning of the oxygen mask system.
A Vietnam Airlines aircraft (for illustration only), Photo: Internet
The plane took off in Hanoi at 7:30 pm on May 24 for a flight to Ho Chi Minh City, but 30 minutes later, the pilot decided to take an emergency landing on the Da Nang airport, since the plane’s oxygen mask system was suddenly activated due to something wrong.
While the plane was flying, the chief pilot was informed by an alarm system that the pressure inside the aircraft changed and a short moment later, the system automatically turned on, a Vietnam Airlines spokesperson said.
Tran Trong Tan, a passenger on the plane, recounted that when dinner was about to be served to passengers, the chief pilot requested all flight attendants halt their duty.
A moment later, all oxygen masks were dropped down and the air inside the aircraft became so hot and hard to breathe that the attendants had to provide child passengers with handheld oxygen cylinders, Tan said.
The stewardesses requested that all passengers wear life jackets and wait for further instructions, adding that the plane might fly towards the sea.
Finally, the plane landed safely on the Da Nang airport, and all passengers continued their journey on another aircraft and arrived in HCMC at 1 am on May 25.
After the incident, the plane flew back to Hanoi, where safety checks were carried out.
The plane worked normally again later.
Source: Tuoi Tre
|< Prev||Next >|
» US pays for cleanup of dioxin-tainted soil
» Airplane lands on fuselage
» Scammers bait victims with cheap plane tickets
Latest Category Posts
- Party leader meets voters
- Viet Nam, Brunei navies establish hotline
- Viet Nam, Ukraine cement bilateral ties
- Viet Nam, Bolivia target stronger trade co-operation
- VN condemns Yemen attack
- US soldiers' remains formally repatriated
- Philippines keen to bolster ties with Viet Nam
- Vietnam, Spain speed up defence cooperation
- Viet Nam reviews human rights laws
- Viet Nam, Laos, Cambodia strengthen Front work
Random Category Picks
Popular Category Posts
- Gold pit collapses, burying four gold miners
- Viet Nam, Belgium agree to widen business co-operation
- Singapore's PM eyes ASEAN goal
- Viet Nam, Russia hold sixth strategic dialogue
- Party leader greets Japan's Communist delegation
- Typhoon Nari devastates central Vietnam
- Lawmakers agree to issue law on public investment
- State funeral to be held for General Giap
- Party chief backs support for VN writers and artists
- PM Dung welcomes strategic partnership efforts with France
- NA chairman greets UK's Prince Andrew
- Thousands of people march on street with pregnant woman’s coffin
- China, VN build Friendship Palace
- VN, France talk defence
- 3 Vietnamese expats among 49 killed in Laos plane crash
- Deputy PM greets China–Vietnam Association Chairman
- Party Plenum opens in Ha Noi
- General Vo Nguyen Giap leaves Hanoi in people's tears
- Revised law eyes better environment for bidding
- Thousands of people pray at General Vo Nguyen Giap’s grave