An Airbus plane of Vietnam Airlines took an emergency landing on Da Nang Airport on May 24 night due to a malfunctioning of the oxygen mask system.
A Vietnam Airlines aircraft (for illustration only), Photo: Internet
The plane took off in Hanoi at 7:30 pm on May 24 for a flight to Ho Chi Minh City, but 30 minutes later, the pilot decided to take an emergency landing on the Da Nang airport, since the plane’s oxygen mask system was suddenly activated due to something wrong.
While the plane was flying, the chief pilot was informed by an alarm system that the pressure inside the aircraft changed and a short moment later, the system automatically turned on, a Vietnam Airlines spokesperson said.
Tran Trong Tan, a passenger on the plane, recounted that when dinner was about to be served to passengers, the chief pilot requested all flight attendants halt their duty.
A moment later, all oxygen masks were dropped down and the air inside the aircraft became so hot and hard to breathe that the attendants had to provide child passengers with handheld oxygen cylinders, Tan said.
The stewardesses requested that all passengers wear life jackets and wait for further instructions, adding that the plane might fly towards the sea.
Finally, the plane landed safely on the Da Nang airport, and all passengers continued their journey on another aircraft and arrived in HCMC at 1 am on May 25.
After the incident, the plane flew back to Hanoi, where safety checks were carried out.
The plane worked normally again later.
Source: Tuoi Tre
|< Prev||Next >|
» Vietnam Airlines installs self check-in kiosks
» US pays for cleanup of dioxin-tainted soil
» Airplane lands on fuselage
Latest Category Posts
- Japanese Emperor’s birth anniversary celebrated
- President pays tribute to late South African leader
- Vietnam joins efforts to ensure maritime security
- Vietnam actively joins efforts in promoting human rights
- HCM City, Guangdong boost all-around cooperation
- Proper policies help defeat religious abuse plots
- HCM City seeks scientific, tech cooperation with US
- Vietnam, US talk to promote defence ties
- Vietnam pursues policy to protect human rights
- President signs order to implement newly revised Constitution
Random Category Picks
Popular Category Posts
- Gold pit collapses, burying four gold miners
- Viet Nam, Belgium agree to widen business co-operation
- Viet Nam, Russia hold sixth strategic dialogue
- Typhoon Nari devastates central Vietnam
- State funeral to be held for General Giap
- Thousands of people march on street with pregnant woman’s coffin
- China, VN build Friendship Palace
- 3 Vietnamese expats among 49 killed in Laos plane crash
- Party Plenum opens in Ha Noi
- Deputy PM greets China–Vietnam Association Chairman
- Deputy PM praises elderly role models for development drive
- General Vo Nguyen Giap leaves Hanoi in people's tears
- Foreign ship in distress near Ly Son Island
- Revised law eyes better environment for bidding
- Thousands of people pray at General Vo Nguyen Giap’s grave
- Death toll in firework warehouse explosion in Phu Tho rises to 24
- People's Air Force marks fifth decade
- ASEAN leaders approve documents that put forward ambitious visions
- VN helps to unite ASEAN community
- Party General Secretary vows to fight corruption