By 2015, HCM City will buy 1,680 new buses to replace outdated buses, at the total cost of nearly VND2 trillion or $100 million, according to the city’s plan on bus investment in 2012-2015.
Specifically, the city will buy 571 buses of 80 seats, 409 buses of 55 seats and 700 buses of 40 seats.
The funding for this plan will come from private transport companies and the city budget. Private firms will be assisted in the following form: they have to pay only 30 percent of value of buses in cash. The remaining 70 percent will be banking loans; with part of interest money is provided by the city budget.
HCM City’s Vice Chair Nguyen Huu Tien approved the plan. However, he asked the local Department of Transport to finalize the plan to submit to the city government for approval this June.
In an effort to make buses a more popular means of transport in HCM City, new high-quality buses have been put into operation. The buses have cameras and automatic ticket selling machines, both of which will improve service quality.
|< Prev||Next >|
» Ministries unite to track down overloaded trucks
» Toll hikes concern transport operators
» HCMC to cut fee for small cars
Latest Category Posts
- Vietnam pursues policy to protect human rights
- President signs order to implement newly revised Constitution
- PM says maintaining economic stability crucial for HCM City
- Philippines keen to bolster ties with Viet Nam
- Vietnam, Spain speed up defence cooperation
- Viet Nam reviews human rights laws
- Viet Nam, Laos, Cambodia strengthen Front work
- ASEAN Community looks to coming years
- Deputy PM visits Canada to seek stronger co-operation
- Vietnam, Belarus legislatures talk to forge ties
Popular Category Posts
- Typhoon Nari devastates central Vietnam
- State funeral to be held for General Giap
- Thousands of people march on street with pregnant woman’s coffin
- China, VN build Friendship Palace
- 3 Vietnamese expats among 49 killed in Laos plane crash
- Deputy PM greets China–Vietnam Association Chairman
- Party Plenum opens in Ha Noi
- Deputy PM praises elderly role models for development drive
- General Vo Nguyen Giap leaves Hanoi in people's tears
- Revised law eyes better environment for bidding
- Foreign ship in distress near Ly Son Island
- Thousands of people pray at General Vo Nguyen Giap’s grave
- Death toll in firework warehouse explosion in Phu Tho rises to 24
- People's Air Force marks fifth decade
- ASEAN leaders approve documents that put forward ambitious visions
- VN helps to unite ASEAN community
- Locals duped by power plant promises
- China, Viet Nam agree to take strategic partnership to next level
- Phu Tho: At least 15 people died in firework warehouse explosion
- Oil co-operation with Gazprom zooms ahead