Prime Minister Nguyen Tan Dung has urged the Mekong Delta province of Vinh Long to take advantage of local potential for rapid and sustainable development.
Prime Minister Nguyen Tan Dung works with Vinh Long provincial leaders, Photo: VNA
Speaking with the provincial leaders on June 10, Dung noted delta provinces in general and Vinh Long in particular needed to overcome difficulties, especially in its socio-economic infrastructure.
“As a result, with its effort and creativeness, Vinh Long should take advantages of rice production, fruits, fisheries, tourism, services and processing industries to make breakthroughs for development,” he said.
Dung asked local officials to pay more attention to infrastructure development in transport and irrigation and to apply technology in production to enhance productivity, quality and competitiveness.
He also reminded them to pay more attention to the implementation of social welfare policies, and the quality of education aid healthcare.
He also made suggestions on measures to support farmers in product consumption and local transport and irrigation projects.
Dung and his two deputy PMs, Nguyen Thien Nhan and Vu Van Ninh, were in Vinh Long for the celebration of the 100th birthday of former President of the Council of Ministers Pham Hung.
|< Prev||Next >|
» PM unveils government performance priorities in 2014
» ANMC 21 parties sign Hanoi Declaration
» Mekong Delta expects rise in industrial production
Latest Category Posts
- President signs order to implement newly revised Constitution
- PM says maintaining economic stability crucial for HCM City
- Viet Nam, Ukraine cement bilateral ties
- Philippines keen to bolster ties with Viet Nam
- Vietnam, Spain speed up defence cooperation
- Viet Nam reviews human rights laws
- Viet Nam, Laos, Cambodia strengthen Front work
- ASEAN Community looks to coming years
- Deputy PM visits Canada to seek stronger co-operation
- Vietnam, Belarus legislatures talk to forge ties
Popular Category Posts
- Gold pit collapses, burying four gold miners
- Viet Nam, Belgium agree to widen business co-operation
- Singapore's PM eyes ASEAN goal
- Viet Nam, Russia hold sixth strategic dialogue
- Typhoon Nari devastates central Vietnam
- State funeral to be held for General Giap
- PM Dung welcomes strategic partnership efforts with France
- NA chairman greets UK's Prince Andrew
- Thousands of people march on street with pregnant woman’s coffin
- China, VN build Friendship Palace
- VN, France talk defence
- 3 Vietnamese expats among 49 killed in Laos plane crash
- Deputy PM greets China–Vietnam Association Chairman
- Party Plenum opens in Ha Noi
- Deputy PM praises elderly role models for development drive
- General Vo Nguyen Giap leaves Hanoi in people's tears
- Foreign ship in distress near Ly Son Island
- Revised law eyes better environment for bidding
- Thousands of people pray at General Vo Nguyen Giap’s grave
- Death toll in firework warehouse explosion in Phu Tho rises to 24