A serious fire occurred at 1.30am on June 11, in the coastal city of Nha Trang, burning three people and the entire furniture of the house.
The fire happened at the house of Mr. Nguyen Ngoc Han, 47, a soldier, killing his wife, Nguyen Thi Phuong Mai, 44, and his two children, Nguyen Phuong Anh, 16 and Nguyen Ngoc Anh, 7.
Mr. Diep Bao Long, the first who detected the fire, said: “After watching the game between Spain and Italy, I went to bed. Around 15 minutes later, power was cut off. I opened the door to take some fresh air and headed towards Mai’s shout for help.”
“I saw her living room burst into massive flames. I screamed for help and used a ladder to climb up the burning house, with a student. We broke the window with hammers and shovels to save Mai and her children. I still heard their shout at that time,” Long recalled.
Many neighbors tried to get into the house to stamp out the fire but it took them half an hour to break the door--with two locks, so it was too late to save victims.
Witnesses said that the house had a wood garret and flammable furniture so the fire rose very quickly.
That night, Mr. Han was on night duty so he escaped the fire.
Local police searched the site and examined the three bodies.
Though investigation is underway, investigators said that it is highly possible that the fire was caused by a short circuit. There were a lot of furniture in a narrow space, the electric wire system was arranged unscientifically and two electric bicycles were being charged when the fire happened.
|< Prev||Next >|
» Dam work begins on Trung Son hydroelectric project
» New Fahasa Bookstore opens in Phan Thiet City
» Successive drop in new cases of HIV in last four years
Latest Category Posts
- Vietnam, China officials talk border, territory issues
- Ho Chi Minh City tightens ties with Myanmar
- Hanoi People’s Council passes 17 resolutions
- Vietnamese leaders saddened by Mandela’s passing
- Activities honour late Venezuelan President in Hanoi
- Vietnam, Ukraine cement bilateral ties
- Party leader meets voters in Hanoi’s Tay Ho district
- Vietnam slams terrorist attack in Yemen
- Philippines keen to bolster ties with Viet Nam
- Vietnam, Spain speed up defence cooperation
Random Category Picks
Popular Category Posts
- Gold pit collapses, burying four gold miners
- Viet Nam, Belgium agree to widen business co-operation
- Singapore's PM eyes ASEAN goal
- Viet Nam, Russia hold sixth strategic dialogue
- Typhoon Nari devastates central Vietnam
- Party leader greets Japan's Communist delegation
- Lawmakers agree to issue law on public investment
- State funeral to be held for General Giap
- Party chief backs support for VN writers and artists
- PM Dung welcomes strategic partnership efforts with France
- NA chairman greets UK's Prince Andrew
- Thousands of people march on street with pregnant woman’s coffin
- China, VN build Friendship Palace
- VN, France talk defence
- 3 Vietnamese expats among 49 killed in Laos plane crash
- Deputy PM greets China–Vietnam Association Chairman
- Party Plenum opens in Ha Noi
- General Vo Nguyen Giap leaves Hanoi in people's tears
- Foreign ship in distress near Ly Son Island
- Thousands of people pray at General Vo Nguyen Giap’s grave