Deputy Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc cleared up several issues involving macro-economic stability and the fight against corruption at the National Assembly’s hearings in Hanoi on June 15.
Deputy Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc at the NA hearing, Photo: VNA
Several issues were spotlighted, including economic development in line with social welfare, the feasibility of the project to restructure businesses, and particularly administrative reforms.
At the event, he reported that economic indicators showed the economy has overcome the most difficult time and begun to pick up. The economic growth rate in the second quarter was estimated at 4.5 percent compared to 4 percent in the first quarter.
The Deputy PM affirmed the Government will strive for a GDP growth of 6 percent this year and keep inflation at 7-8 percent.
To support businesses and promote economic development, the Government continues implementing solutions to raise effectiveness of public investment, increase control of the banking system’s credits, speed up the restructuring of the commercial banking system as well as address bad debts in the banking system and of businesses, Phuc said.
The Government, he added, continues push up the restructuring of State-owned enterprises with a focus on groups and corporations.
|< Prev||Next >|
» Vice PM calls for more efforts in crime combat
» Ho Chi Minh City urged to step up crime fight
» Successive drop in new cases of HIV in last four years
Latest Category Posts
- Vietnam pursues policy to protect human rights
- President signs order to implement newly revised Constitution
- PM says maintaining economic stability crucial for HCM City
- Philippines keen to bolster ties with Viet Nam
- Vietnam, Spain speed up defence cooperation
- Viet Nam reviews human rights laws
- Viet Nam, Laos, Cambodia strengthen Front work
- ASEAN Community looks to coming years
- Deputy PM visits Canada to seek stronger co-operation
- Vietnam, Belarus legislatures talk to forge ties
Popular Category Posts
- Viet Nam, Belgium agree to widen business co-operation
- Typhoon Nari devastates central Vietnam
- State funeral to be held for General Giap
- Thousands of people march on street with pregnant woman’s coffin
- China, VN build Friendship Palace
- 3 Vietnamese expats among 49 killed in Laos plane crash
- Deputy PM greets China–Vietnam Association Chairman
- Deputy PM praises elderly role models for development drive
- Party Plenum opens in Ha Noi
- General Vo Nguyen Giap leaves Hanoi in people's tears
- Foreign ship in distress near Ly Son Island
- Revised law eyes better environment for bidding
- Thousands of people pray at General Vo Nguyen Giap’s grave
- Death toll in firework warehouse explosion in Phu Tho rises to 24
- People's Air Force marks fifth decade
- ASEAN leaders approve documents that put forward ambitious visions
- VN helps to unite ASEAN community
- Party General Secretary vows to fight corruption
- Locals duped by power plant promises
- China, Viet Nam agree to take strategic partnership to next level