Vietnam and Laos have agreed to cooperate more on issues concerning civil servants, public affairs, local authority management and administrative reforms.
The flags of Vietnam and Laos, Photo: VNA
A memorandum of understanding (MoU) to this effect was signed between the Ministries of Home Affairs of the two countries in Hanoi on June 18.
Under the MoU, both ministries will increase the exchange of information and experience in fields of their charge as well as visits by senior level officials and specialists.
The Vietnamese Ministry of Home Affairs will provide professional assistance to its Lao counterpart by sending specialists to help draw up policies and laws for this field.
Vietnam will also offer one month training courses for 20 Lao officials each year.
Speaking at the signing ceremony, Laos Minister for Home Affairs Khampan Philavong praised Vietnam for supporting Laos General Department of Administration and Civil Servant Management (now the Ministry for Home Affairs).
He said he hoped that Vietnam will continue to support and work with Laos’ newly established Ministry for Home Affairs to help it to create an effective and efficient administration.
According to Vietnam’s Minister for Home Affairs Nguyen Thai Binh, the two ministries have well implemented their agreements signed in 2002 and 2006, representing solidarity, friendship and mutual assistance between both countries.
|< Prev||Next >|
» Vietnam's taekwondo team hopes for gold in Myanmar
» PISA tests makes MOET surprised, students proud and embarrassed
» Not accelerate 4G development in Vietnam: Minister
Latest Category Posts
- Vietnam, Bolivia officials meet to promote ties
- President hails judicial reform progress
- NA Vice Chairman seeks warmer ties with Norway
- Party chief hears issues of public concern
- Cultural exchange promotes Vietnam-Indonesia friendship
- Party leader meets voters
- Viet Nam, Brunei navies establish hotline
- Viet Nam, Ukraine cement bilateral ties
- Viet Nam, Bolivia target stronger trade co-operation
- VN condemns Yemen attack
Random Category Picks
Popular Category Posts
- Gold pit collapses, burying four gold miners
- Viet Nam, Belgium agree to widen business co-operation
- Singapore's PM eyes ASEAN goal
- Viet Nam, Russia hold sixth strategic dialogue
- Party leader greets Japan's Communist delegation
- Lawmakers agree to issue law on public investment
- Typhoon Nari devastates central Vietnam
- State funeral to be held for General Giap
- PM Dung welcomes strategic partnership efforts with France
- NA chairman greets UK's Prince Andrew
- Thousands of people march on street with pregnant woman’s coffin
- China, VN build Friendship Palace
- VN, France talk defence
- 3 Vietnamese expats among 49 killed in Laos plane crash
- Deputy PM greets China–Vietnam Association Chairman
- Party Plenum opens in Ha Noi
- General Vo Nguyen Giap leaves Hanoi in people's tears
- Foreign ship in distress near Ly Son Island
- Revised law eyes better environment for bidding
- Deputy PM praises elderly role models for development drive