The National Assembly on June 20 adopted five more laws, including the Law on Price, the Law on Judicial Assessment, the Law on Law Dissemination and Education, the Law on Dealing with Administrative Violations and the amended Law on Trade Union.
The Law on Price stipulates that the State manages prices under market mechanism and respects organizations and individuals’ rights to decide the price of their products.
The State will stabilize the prices of oil and gas products, electricity, fertilizer, NPK fertilizer, vaccines for poultry and cattle, milk for children under six years of age, sugar, unprocessed rice and rice, essential medicine for human.
The State will decide the prices of goods and services of its monopoly, important resources and national reserves, public products and public services.
The Law on law dissemination and education stipulates citizens’ right to access legal information and responsibility to study the law.
The law prohibits the dissemination of distorted legal contents, the provision of information and materials that goes against the truth, the law, social ethics and fine traditions.
The law also bans the dissemination of hostile policies to sow divisions in national great unity and violate the State’s interest and agencies, organizations and individuals’ legitimate rights and interests, in the name of popularizing legal information.
The amended law on trade union defines the trade union’s responsibility to protect workers’ legitimate rights and interests given the fact that they are members of the trade union or not.
The law does not stipulate foreign workers’ right to join the Vietnam Trade Union.
The NA is scheduled to adopt a number of Laws and regulations on June 21 and wrap up its third session on the afternoon of the same day.
|< Prev||Next >|
» Education needs improvement amid PISA test upbeat note
» Poverty reduction contributes to protecting human rights
» Lao Cai’s buffalo herd granted national brand status
Latest Category Posts
- HCM City People’s Council opens 12th session
- PM urges Hai Phong to support development
- US President’s Deputy Assistant welcomed in Hanoi
- President: Awareness of judicial reform improved
- Vietnam, Czech Republic beef up defence links
- Tribute paid to South Africa’s late President
- Prime Minister meets Hai Phong voters
- Deputy PM Minh welcomes US guest
- Party chief: VNU must be cradle of science research
- Vietnam pursues policy to protect human rights
Popular Category Posts
- Gold pit collapses, burying four gold miners
- Viet Nam, Belgium agree to widen business co-operation
- Viet Nam, Russia hold sixth strategic dialogue
- Typhoon Nari devastates central Vietnam
- State funeral to be held for General Giap
- PM Dung welcomes strategic partnership efforts with France
- Thousands of people march on street with pregnant woman’s coffin
- China, VN build Friendship Palace
- 3 Vietnamese expats among 49 killed in Laos plane crash
- Deputy PM greets China–Vietnam Association Chairman
- Party Plenum opens in Ha Noi
- Deputy PM praises elderly role models for development drive
- General Vo Nguyen Giap leaves Hanoi in people's tears
- Foreign ship in distress near Ly Son Island
- Revised law eyes better environment for bidding
- Thousands of people pray at General Vo Nguyen Giap’s grave
- Death toll in firework warehouse explosion in Phu Tho rises to 24
- People's Air Force marks fifth decade
- ASEAN leaders approve documents that put forward ambitious visions
- VN helps to unite ASEAN community