Vietnamese Foreign Minister Pham Binh Minh has paid a two-day official visit to Belgium on June 27-28 at the invitation of - Belgium ’s Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs, Didier Reynders.
Foreign Minister Pham Binh Minh., Photo: VNA
During his stay in Belgium , Minh met with Crown Prince Philippe and Chairman of the National Assembly Andre Flahaut . He also held talks with Deputy PM and Foreign Minister Didier Reynders as well as meetings the Governors of the Flanders and Wallonie regions and the French-speaking community of Wallonie-Bruxelles.
At the meetings, the Belgian Crown Prince and officials spoke highly of the Vietnamese Foreign Minister’s visit.
They said they are impressed by major socio-economic achievements Vietnam has recorded recently and that such achievements have contributed to heightening the country’s position in the region and the world.
The two sides noted with pleasure the fruitful development of the friendship and multi-faceted cooperation between the two countries in all areas, especially in politics-diplomacy, economics, education and training.
They agreed to maintain exchange of delegations at all levels and continue to work closely at international and multilateral forums, especially in the United Nations and within the frameworks of ASEM and ASEAN-EU.
The two sides will also boost cooperation between regions and localities and create favorable conditions for the two countries’ businesses to seek partners and explore investment opportunities, focusing on seaports, logistic services, transport, green technology, health care and education and training.
Didier Reynders said Belgium always considers Vietnam a prioritised partner in the country’s cooperation policy.
Regarding cooperation between the two foreign ministries, Minh and his Belgian counterpart highly valued the close coordination between the two sides.
They reached consensus on the need for the two ministries to enhance their exchange, regular consultation and cooperation on research and personnel training.
|< Prev||Next >|
» FM meets with foreign counterparts on AMM 45 sidelines
» FM Minh delivers speech at AMM 45
» Vietnam, EU sign Partnership and Cooperation Agreement
Latest Category Posts
- HCM City People’s Council opens 12th session
- PM urges Hai Phong to support development
- US President’s Deputy Assistant welcomed in Hanoi
- President: Awareness of judicial reform improved
- Vietnam, Czech Republic beef up defence links
- Tribute paid to South Africa’s late President
- Prime Minister meets Hai Phong voters
- Deputy PM Minh welcomes US guest
- Party chief: VNU must be cradle of science research
- Vietnam pursues policy to protect human rights
Random Category Picks
Popular Category Posts
- Gold pit collapses, burying four gold miners
- Viet Nam, Belgium agree to widen business co-operation
- Singapore's PM eyes ASEAN goal
- Viet Nam, Russia hold sixth strategic dialogue
- Typhoon Nari devastates central Vietnam
- State funeral to be held for General Giap
- PM Dung welcomes strategic partnership efforts with France
- NA chairman greets UK's Prince Andrew
- Thousands of people march on street with pregnant woman’s coffin
- China, VN build Friendship Palace
- VN, France talk defence
- 3 Vietnamese expats among 49 killed in Laos plane crash
- Deputy PM greets China–Vietnam Association Chairman
- Party Plenum opens in Ha Noi
- Deputy PM praises elderly role models for development drive
- General Vo Nguyen Giap leaves Hanoi in people's tears
- Foreign ship in distress near Ly Son Island
- Revised law eyes better environment for bidding
- Thousands of people pray at General Vo Nguyen Giap’s grave
- Death toll in firework warehouse explosion in Phu Tho rises to 24