Voters' opinions are very important and listening to them improves democracy, said Party General Secretary Nguyen Phu Trong at a meeting with voters from Hanoi 's Ba Dinh and Hoan Kiem districts on June 29.
Party leader Nguyen Phu Trong (2nd, R) meets with voters, Photo: VNA
The voters expressed their pleasure at having their concerns heard by the 13th National Assembly's third meeting which ended earlier this month.
The cabinet members have been straight forward in their answers at the meeting, said the voters, who added they want the ministers to keep their promises.
However, the voters expressed concerns over worsening drug crimes, increasing complaints, corruption, food safety, environment, land management and the efficiency of State-owned enterprises and education.
In response to corruption concerns, Trong said the Resolution of the fourth session of the Communist Party of Vietnam's Central Committee plays a vital role.
The resolution must be implemented with determination and in the long run bring into full play the good nature of the Party and fix negative practices, he said.
Talking about challenges in international integration, Trong said it is crucial to protect the country's independence and sovereignty and maintain peace and stability for national development.
In dealing with external relations, the highest benefits of the country and the people must be ensured, he said.
|< Prev||Next >|
Latest Category Posts
- Japanese Emperor’s birth anniversary celebrated
- President pays tribute to late South African leader
- Vietnam joins efforts to ensure maritime security
- Vietnam actively joins efforts in promoting human rights
- HCM City, Guangdong boost all-around cooperation
- Proper policies help defeat religious abuse plots
- HCM City seeks scientific, tech cooperation with US
- Vietnam, US talk to promote defence ties
- Vietnam pursues policy to protect human rights
- President signs order to implement newly revised Constitution
Random Category Picks
Popular Category Posts
- Gold pit collapses, burying four gold miners
- Viet Nam, Belgium agree to widen business co-operation
- Viet Nam, Russia hold sixth strategic dialogue
- Typhoon Nari devastates central Vietnam
- State funeral to be held for General Giap
- Thousands of people march on street with pregnant woman’s coffin
- China, VN build Friendship Palace
- 3 Vietnamese expats among 49 killed in Laos plane crash
- Party Plenum opens in Ha Noi
- Deputy PM greets China–Vietnam Association Chairman
- Deputy PM praises elderly role models for development drive
- General Vo Nguyen Giap leaves Hanoi in people's tears
- Foreign ship in distress near Ly Son Island
- Revised law eyes better environment for bidding
- Thousands of people pray at General Vo Nguyen Giap’s grave
- Death toll in firework warehouse explosion in Phu Tho rises to 24
- People's Air Force marks fifth decade
- ASEAN leaders approve documents that put forward ambitious visions
- VN helps to unite ASEAN community
- Party General Secretary vows to fight corruption