A 5-year-old boy plunged to the ground from a 15th-floor window at a Hanoi apartment building on July 1.
An ambulance came to the site 20 minutes later but the boy died.
Authorities say the boy fell at about 2.30 p.m. from an apartment building on Thai Thinh Street, Hanoi.
The building management board said that the boy’s father took his first son to class while his second son, Bui Khac Long, was sleeping.
The father returned home around 15 minutes later but he did not see Long anywhere in the house. He went around looking for his son and found the body on the ground.
It turned out that the boy slept on a bed which was close to an open window, which does not have bars. It is possible that the child woke up, did not see his father so he climbed up on the window and fell to the ground.
Police are investigating the incident.
Earlier, a 4-year-old boy also plunged from a 9th-floor apartment of a building in Tu Hiep, Hanoi. His body was found on the second floor.
In this case, the mother left her sleeping child at home. The boy climbed up onto a chair in the balcony and fell down.
|< Prev||Next >|
» PM approves action plan for ethnic work
» Cowboys in Hanoi
» Work begins on hydroelectric dam
Latest Category Posts
- HCM City People’s Council opens 12th session
- PM urges Hai Phong to support development
- US President’s Deputy Assistant welcomed in Hanoi
- President: Awareness of judicial reform improved
- Vietnam, Czech Republic beef up defence links
- Tribute paid to South Africa’s late President
- Prime Minister meets Hai Phong voters
- Deputy PM Minh welcomes US guest
- Party chief: VNU must be cradle of science research
- Vietnam pursues policy to protect human rights
Random Category Picks
Popular Category Posts
- Gold pit collapses, burying four gold miners
- Viet Nam, Belgium agree to widen business co-operation
- Viet Nam, Russia hold sixth strategic dialogue
- Typhoon Nari devastates central Vietnam
- State funeral to be held for General Giap
- PM Dung welcomes strategic partnership efforts with France
- Thousands of people march on street with pregnant woman’s coffin
- China, VN build Friendship Palace
- 3 Vietnamese expats among 49 killed in Laos plane crash
- Deputy PM greets China–Vietnam Association Chairman
- Party Plenum opens in Ha Noi
- Deputy PM praises elderly role models for development drive
- General Vo Nguyen Giap leaves Hanoi in people's tears
- Foreign ship in distress near Ly Son Island
- Revised law eyes better environment for bidding
- Thousands of people pray at General Vo Nguyen Giap’s grave
- Death toll in firework warehouse explosion in Phu Tho rises to 24
- People's Air Force marks fifth decade
- ASEAN leaders approve documents that put forward ambitious visions
- VN helps to unite ASEAN community