Vietnam’s Military Zone 5 has gifted Military Zone 1 in Cambodia a new headquarters building and an access road in Stung Streng, 300 km north of Phnom Penh.
When addressing the inauguration ceremony, General Pol Saroun, Commander-in-Chief of the Royal Cambodian Armed Forces, thanked the Vietnamese Government and army for their kind support.
He said the present is a symbol of the friendship and traditional solidarity between the two armies and peoples. In particular, the cooperation shown between Military Zone 5 in Vietnam and Military Zone 1 in Cambodia has significantly helped Zone 1 to ensure the country’s national security and territorial integrity.
The Deputy Commander of Military Zone 5, Major General Nguyen Quy Nhon, thanked the Cambodian Armed Forces, especially Military Zone 1 for their cooperation in maintaining security and order along the shared border.
Over the years, Military Zone 1, which covers Cambodia’s northeastern provinces and shares a border with the Central Highlands region in Vietnam, has built up close relations with Zone 5 and the Central Highlands region of Vietnam, while actively helping to repatriate the remains of Vietnamese martyrs.
|< Prev||Next >|
» Teams compete in paintball battle
» Writer publishes war notes, diaries diaries
Latest Category Posts
- PM approves action plan for ethnic work
- President signs order to implement newly revised Constitution
- PM says maintaining economic stability crucial for HCM City
- Party leader meets voters
- Viet Nam, Ukraine cement bilateral ties
- VN condemns Yemen attack
- US soldiers' remains formally repatriated
- Philippines keen to bolster ties with Viet Nam
- Vietnam, Spain speed up defence cooperation
- Viet Nam reviews human rights laws
Popular Category Posts
- Gold pit collapses, burying four gold miners
- Viet Nam, Belgium agree to widen business co-operation
- Singapore's PM eyes ASEAN goal
- Viet Nam, Russia hold sixth strategic dialogue
- Typhoon Nari devastates central Vietnam
- State funeral to be held for General Giap
- PM Dung welcomes strategic partnership efforts with France
- NA chairman greets UK's Prince Andrew
- Thousands of people march on street with pregnant woman’s coffin
- China, VN build Friendship Palace
- VN, France talk defence
- 3 Vietnamese expats among 49 killed in Laos plane crash
- Deputy PM greets China–Vietnam Association Chairman
- Party Plenum opens in Ha Noi
- General Vo Nguyen Giap leaves Hanoi in people's tears
- Foreign ship in distress near Ly Son Island
- Deputy PM praises elderly role models for development drive
- Revised law eyes better environment for bidding
- Thousands of people pray at General Vo Nguyen Giap’s grave
- Death toll in firework warehouse explosion in Phu Tho rises to 24