The third Meeting of the APEC Business Advisory Council will be convened in Ho Chi Minh City from July 16-19.
The meeting forms part of the activities of the 2012 Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) Forum, according to a press briefing held by the Vietnam Chamber of Commerce and Industry in Hanoi on July 4.
The meeting will discuss and adopt ABAC’s official reports and recommendations to APEC leaders as well as the content of the dialogue with APEC leaders at the summit.
Under the theme “Aspiration to Reality”, this year’s meeting will see the participation of six working groups – The Regional Economic Integration Working Group, the Sustainable Development Working Group, the Infrastructure Development Working Group, the Finance and Economics Working Group, the Small, Medium and Micro Enterprises and Entrepreneurship Working Group and the Action Plan and Advocacy Working Group.
The groups will focus on such issues as regional economic integration, investment and trade liberalisation, food and energy security, technological transfer, green growth, public-private partnership, the stability of financial system, the relations between the region and the G20, personnel development and the coordination between ABAC and APEC.
Each APEC economy appoints at most three representatives from the private economic sector.
ABAC engages with APEC leaders through the ABAC Dialogue with Leaders, held in conjunction with the annual APEC Economic Leaders Meeting.
|< Prev||Next >|
Latest Category Posts
- Vietnam, China officials talk border, territory issues
- Ho Chi Minh City tightens ties with Myanmar
- Hanoi People’s Council passes 17 resolutions
- Vietnamese leaders saddened by Mandela’s passing
- Activities honour late Venezuelan President in Hanoi
- Vietnam, Ukraine cement bilateral ties
- Party leader meets voters in Hanoi’s Tay Ho district
- Vietnam slams terrorist attack in Yemen
- Philippines keen to bolster ties with Viet Nam
- Vietnam, Spain speed up defence cooperation
Popular Category Posts
- Gold pit collapses, burying four gold miners
- Viet Nam, Belgium agree to widen business co-operation
- Singapore's PM eyes ASEAN goal
- Viet Nam, Russia hold sixth strategic dialogue
- Party leader greets Japan's Communist delegation
- Typhoon Nari devastates central Vietnam
- Lawmakers agree to issue law on public investment
- State funeral to be held for General Giap
- Party chief backs support for VN writers and artists
- PM Dung welcomes strategic partnership efforts with France
- NA chairman greets UK's Prince Andrew
- Thousands of people march on street with pregnant woman’s coffin
- China, VN build Friendship Palace
- VN, France talk defence
- 3 Vietnamese expats among 49 killed in Laos plane crash
- Deputy PM greets China–Vietnam Association Chairman
- Party Plenum opens in Ha Noi
- General Vo Nguyen Giap leaves Hanoi in people's tears
- Thousands of people pray at General Vo Nguyen Giap’s grave
- Foreign ship in distress near Ly Son Island