National Assembly Chairman Nguyen Sinh Hung took off from Luang Prabang airport for Hanoi on the afternoon of July 5, concluding his official friendship visit to Laos.
Earlier, on July 4 and 5, NA Chairman Hung and his delegation had visited the northern Lao province of Luang Prabang.
Hung underlined the extent of mutual assistance shown between Luang Prabang province and localities in Vietnam.
The fine development in relations between the two Parties, States and peoples and the comprehensive cooperation between Vietnam and Laos, especially in investment and trade, have made important contributions to each country’s socio-economic development and construction, he said.
With the efforts and determination shown by both Parties, States and people, the friendship and solidarity will constantly develop, meeting the desires of both nations, said Hung, saying that is an important foundation for further cooperation between Vietnam and Laos, including Luang Prabang.
He used the occasion to thank Luang Prabang for facilitating activities by the overseas Vietnamese community who live and work in Laos.
Party Committee Secretary and Governor of Luang Prabang province Khampheng Saysompheng, informed his guests that the province’s socio-economic situation has been stable and showing positive signs, which has raised the local people’s standard of living.
The province has recently expanded its relations with several Vietnamese cities and provinces, including Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City and northern Hai Phong City, he added.
During the visit to the province, NA Chairman Hung planted several trees of remembrance in the Provincial Party’s Committee Headquarters and visited the Royal Lao Museum and the tourist village in Xieng Moune Village.
Source: Vietnam Plus
|< Prev||Next >|
» Vietnam, Laos promote education cooperation
» Viet Nam, Laos, Cambodia strengthen Front work
» HCM City celebrates Lao National Day
Latest Category Posts
- Vietnam, Bolivia officials meet to promote ties
- President hails judicial reform progress
- NA Vice Chairman seeks warmer ties with Norway
- Party chief hears issues of public concern
- Cultural exchange promotes Vietnam-Indonesia friendship
- Party leader meets voters
- Viet Nam, Brunei navies establish hotline
- Viet Nam, Ukraine cement bilateral ties
- Viet Nam, Bolivia target stronger trade co-operation
- VN condemns Yemen attack
Popular Category Posts
- Gold pit collapses, burying four gold miners
- Viet Nam, Belgium agree to widen business co-operation
- Singapore's PM eyes ASEAN goal
- Viet Nam, Russia hold sixth strategic dialogue
- Party leader greets Japan's Communist delegation
- Lawmakers agree to issue law on public investment
- Typhoon Nari devastates central Vietnam
- State funeral to be held for General Giap
- PM Dung welcomes strategic partnership efforts with France
- NA chairman greets UK's Prince Andrew
- Thousands of people march on street with pregnant woman’s coffin
- China, VN build Friendship Palace
- VN, France talk defence
- 3 Vietnamese expats among 49 killed in Laos plane crash
- Deputy PM greets China–Vietnam Association Chairman
- Party Plenum opens in Ha Noi
- General Vo Nguyen Giap leaves Hanoi in people's tears
- Foreign ship in distress near Ly Son Island
- Revised law eyes better environment for bidding
- Deputy PM praises elderly role models for development drive