A bus with nearly 50 Vietnamese tourists was overturned on its way from Siem Reap to Phnom Penh of Cambodia on July 7, causing one death and nine injuries.
Mr. Vu Van Vu and his daughter at the Cho Ray Hospital.
At 11pm of July 8, these victims were transported to HCM City-based Cho Ray Hospital. Of the nine injured people, four are in the family of Mr. Vu Van Vu, 52, from Phu Nhuan district, HCM City.
Vu and his wife were slightly wounded on their heads, but his two children of 7 and 15 years old are still in hospital.
Vu said his family bought a 4-day tour of the Happy Travel Company to Cambodia. The tour began in the morning of July 5. His family joined other tourists of different travel firms in a 50-seat bus to cross the Moc Bai border-gate in Tay Ninh province to Cambodia.
On July 6, they visited famous destinations in Siem Reap. They left Siem Reap to Phnom Penh at 7am of July 7. The bus ran safely for around 100km to Kampong Thom province when a buffalo suddenly crossed the road.
“The bus was running at high speed so when the buffalo crossed the road. The driver could not stop the car. The bus hit the buffalo and was overturned,” Vu recalled.
|< Prev||Next >|
» EU may ease visa policies for Vietnamese tourists
» S. Korea loosens visas for Vietnamese tourists
» Bogus travel agencies mushroom in city
Latest Category Posts
- Experts target growth in aquaculture sector
- NA vice chair visits Sweden
- PM meets with ambassadors
- President praises Fatherland Front for national achievements
- Prime Minister leaves for Japan visit
- Vietnam pursues policy to protect human rights
- President signs order to implement newly revised Constitution
- PM says maintaining economic stability crucial for HCM City
- Philippines keen to bolster ties with Viet Nam
- Vietnam, Spain speed up defence cooperation
Popular Category Posts
- Viet Nam, Belgium agree to widen business co-operation
- Typhoon Nari devastates central Vietnam
- State funeral to be held for General Giap
- Thousands of people march on street with pregnant woman’s coffin
- China, VN build Friendship Palace
- 3 Vietnamese expats among 49 killed in Laos plane crash
- Deputy PM greets China–Vietnam Association Chairman
- Deputy PM praises elderly role models for development drive
- Party Plenum opens in Ha Noi
- General Vo Nguyen Giap leaves Hanoi in people's tears
- Foreign ship in distress near Ly Son Island
- Revised law eyes better environment for bidding
- Thousands of people pray at General Vo Nguyen Giap’s grave
- Death toll in firework warehouse explosion in Phu Tho rises to 24
- People's Air Force marks fifth decade
- ASEAN leaders approve documents that put forward ambitious visions
- VN helps to unite ASEAN community
- Party General Secretary vows to fight corruption
- Locals duped by power plant promises
- China, Viet Nam agree to take strategic partnership to next level