Prime Minister Nguyen Tan Dung has expressed his wish to deepen the Vietnamese – Thai multi-faceted cooperation in an effective manner, benefiting both countries.
At a reception for the Thai Minister of Commerce Boonsong Teriyapirom in Hanoi on July 12, Dung said the two countries need to better tap their potential and strength for improvement of bilateral cooperation and development.
He suggested the two sides implement measures to effectively increase trade and investment, especially paying attention to cooperation in rice production and export, aimed at creating a cooperative mechanism in this field.
Teriyapirom said Thailand always attaches importance to further boosting trade and investment cooperation with Vietnam, and makes every effort to maintain the two-way annual trade growth of 20 percent.
He also pledged to encourage Thai businesses to enhance cooperation and investment in Vietnam, and create favourable conditions for Vietnamese partners to seek investment opportunities in Thailand.
Along with promoting cooperation in rice production and consumption in the coming time, Thailand is keen to further step up aquaculture cooperation with Vietnam.
Last year, two-way trade between Vietnam and Thailand hit 8.8 billion USD. In the first five months of this year, the figure was 3.8 billion USD, a year-on-year rise of 2.1 percent.
Source: Vietnam Plus
|< Prev||Next >|
» Viet Nam, Middle East, North Africa seek to tap strong co-operation potential
» Government backs VNA-Kyodo joint collaboration
» Prime Minister Dung receives German, Australian guests
Latest Category Posts
- Party chief calls for greater support from the elderly
- Late South African President commemorated in Hanoi
- Vietnam pursues policy to protect human rights
- President signs order to implement newly revised Constitution
- PM says maintaining economic stability crucial for HCM City
- Philippines keen to bolster ties with Viet Nam
- Vietnam, Spain speed up defence cooperation
- Viet Nam reviews human rights laws
- Viet Nam, Laos, Cambodia strengthen Front work
- ASEAN Community looks to coming years
Popular Category Posts
- Typhoon Nari devastates central Vietnam
- State funeral to be held for General Giap
- Thousands of people march on street with pregnant woman’s coffin
- China, VN build Friendship Palace
- 3 Vietnamese expats among 49 killed in Laos plane crash
- Deputy PM greets China–Vietnam Association Chairman
- Deputy PM praises elderly role models for development drive
- Party Plenum opens in Ha Noi
- General Vo Nguyen Giap leaves Hanoi in people's tears
- Revised law eyes better environment for bidding
- Foreign ship in distress near Ly Son Island
- Thousands of people pray at General Vo Nguyen Giap’s grave
- Death toll in firework warehouse explosion in Phu Tho rises to 24
- People's Air Force marks fifth decade
- VN helps to unite ASEAN community
- ASEAN leaders approve documents that put forward ambitious visions
- Locals duped by power plant promises
- China, Viet Nam agree to take strategic partnership to next level
- Oil co-operation with Gazprom zooms ahead
- Phu Tho: At least 15 people died in firework warehouse explosion