The Republic of Korea (RoK) is set to hold ministerial-level talks with Vietnam over a bilateral free trade agreement (FTA) soon, said the RoK Trade Ministry on July 15.
According to the ministry, the RoK is trying to complete bilateral FTAs with a number of ASEAN member countries in a bid to increase trade turnover.
The RoK is also in negotiations with Indonesia on a Comprehensive Economic Partnership Agreement (CEPA), which is equivalent to a free trade agreement.
According to the RoK Trade Ministry, the two countries held their first round of free trade talks in Jakarta last week.
If the bilateral free trade pacts with Vietnam and Indonesia are sealed, Korean exports to both ions will increase, said a ministry official.
The RoK has a general FTA with the 10-member ASEAN bloc that includes Indonesia and Vietnam but it has also been seeking bilateral pacts with some ASEAN members to boost trade cooperation in the region.
|< Prev||Next >|
» Workshop highlights new prospects for SMEs in ASEAN markets
» EC Vice President welcomed in Hanoi
» Vietnam, Russia push for broader cooperation
Latest Category Posts
- HCM City People’s Council opens 12th session
- PM urges Hai Phong to support development
- US President’s Deputy Assistant welcomed in Hanoi
- President: Awareness of judicial reform improved
- Vietnam, Czech Republic beef up defence links
- Tribute paid to South Africa’s late President
- Prime Minister meets Hai Phong voters
- Deputy PM Minh welcomes US guest
- Party chief: VNU must be cradle of science research
- Vietnam pursues policy to protect human rights
Popular Category Posts
- Gold pit collapses, burying four gold miners
- Viet Nam, Belgium agree to widen business co-operation
- Viet Nam, Russia hold sixth strategic dialogue
- Typhoon Nari devastates central Vietnam
- State funeral to be held for General Giap
- PM Dung welcomes strategic partnership efforts with France
- Thousands of people march on street with pregnant woman’s coffin
- China, VN build Friendship Palace
- 3 Vietnamese expats among 49 killed in Laos plane crash
- Party Plenum opens in Ha Noi
- Deputy PM greets China–Vietnam Association Chairman
- Deputy PM praises elderly role models for development drive
- Foreign ship in distress near Ly Son Island
- General Vo Nguyen Giap leaves Hanoi in people's tears
- Revised law eyes better environment for bidding
- Thousands of people pray at General Vo Nguyen Giap’s grave
- Death toll in firework warehouse explosion in Phu Tho rises to 24
- People's Air Force marks fifth decade
- ASEAN leaders approve documents that put forward ambitious visions
- VN helps to unite ASEAN community