Prime Minister Nguyen Tan Dung has urged all Vietnamese lawyers to enhance international cooperation by joining hands in diplomatic activities to increase the country's role and reputation in the international area.
PM Nguyen Tan Dung (L) and Vietnam Lawyers Association chairman Pham Quoc Anh, Photo: VGP
Speaking at a meeting with the Vietnam Lawyers Association (VLA) in Hanoi on July 16, Dung said that the VLA should continue to coordinate closely with ministries, agencies and localities to contribute more to law building and popularisation, administrative reform, protecting people's interests, and national sovereignty.
The Government will do its best to support the VLA to perform its tasks more effectively, he said.
Dung said he also highly values achievements made by the VLA, which effectively contributes to the national socio-economic development over the past years.
The lawyers suggested measures to promote their activities in law building, supervision of law implementation, justice reform, anti-corruption, and solving complaints and denunciations. They also discussed ways to enhance the VLA's role in the International Association of Democratic Lawyers and the ASEAN Law Association.
At present, the VLA has 46,000 members with 63 provincial lawyers' associations, and hundreds of associations at grass-root levels.
|< Prev||Next >|
» Viet Nam, Middle East, North Africa seek to tap strong co-operation potential
» Government backs VNA-Kyodo joint collaboration
» Prime Minister Dung receives German, Australian guests
Latest Category Posts
- Philippines keen to bolster ties with Viet Nam
- Vietnam, Spain speed up defence cooperation
- Viet Nam reviews human rights laws
- Viet Nam, Laos, Cambodia strengthen Front work
- ASEAN Community looks to coming years
- Deputy PM visits Canada to seek stronger co-operation
- Vietnam, Belarus legislatures talk to forge ties
- Romania places importance on Vietnam
- PM asks for New Year price controls
- Party leader praises work of the VASS
Popular Category Posts
- Gold pit collapses, burying four gold miners
- Viet Nam, Belgium agree to widen business co-operation
- Singapore's PM eyes ASEAN goal
- Viet Nam, Russia hold sixth strategic dialogue
- Typhoon Nari devastates central Vietnam
- Party leader greets Japan's Communist delegation
- Lawmakers agree to issue law on public investment
- State funeral to be held for General Giap
- Party chief backs support for VN writers and artists
- PM Dung welcomes strategic partnership efforts with France
- NA chairman greets UK's Prince Andrew
- Thousands of people march on street with pregnant woman’s coffin
- China, VN build Friendship Palace
- VN, France talk defence
- 3 Vietnamese expats among 49 killed in Laos plane crash
- Deputy PM greets China–Vietnam Association Chairman
- Party Plenum opens in Ha Noi
- General Vo Nguyen Giap leaves Hanoi in people's tears
- Thousands of people pray at General Vo Nguyen Giap’s grave
- Foreign ship in distress near Ly Son Island