On the afternoon of July 22, 4,000 young people arranged themselves into the shape of a drop of blood outside the national stadium in Hanoi, at a blood donation festival.
The festival attracted more than 5,000 people, mainly students from universities and colleges in Hanoi.
The event had the presence of Miss Vietnam 2010 Ngoc Han (middle) and Miss Sea Nguyen Thi Loan (right).
Young people donated their blood
A record was made at the festival: 4,000 people arranged themselves into a drop of blood, with a star inside.
To make this record, 4,000 people had practiced for several days.
Around 1,700 units of blood were collected at the event.
|< Prev||Next >|
» One million units of blood donated in 2013
» Incham to launch blood drive in town
» Blood drive raises nearly 6,000 litres
Latest Category Posts
- Experts target growth in aquaculture sector
- NA vice chair visits Sweden
- PM meets with ambassadors
- Vietnam pursues policy to protect human rights
- President signs order to implement newly revised Constitution
- PM says maintaining economic stability crucial for HCM City
- Philippines keen to bolster ties with Viet Nam
- Vietnam, Spain speed up defence cooperation
- Viet Nam reviews human rights laws
- Viet Nam, Laos, Cambodia strengthen Front work
Popular Category Posts
- Viet Nam, Belgium agree to widen business co-operation
- Typhoon Nari devastates central Vietnam
- State funeral to be held for General Giap
- Thousands of people march on street with pregnant woman’s coffin
- China, VN build Friendship Palace
- 3 Vietnamese expats among 49 killed in Laos plane crash
- Deputy PM greets China–Vietnam Association Chairman
- Deputy PM praises elderly role models for development drive
- Party Plenum opens in Ha Noi
- General Vo Nguyen Giap leaves Hanoi in people's tears
- Foreign ship in distress near Ly Son Island
- Revised law eyes better environment for bidding
- Thousands of people pray at General Vo Nguyen Giap’s grave
- Death toll in firework warehouse explosion in Phu Tho rises to 24
- People's Air Force marks fifth decade
- ASEAN leaders approve documents that put forward ambitious visions
- VN helps to unite ASEAN community
- Party General Secretary vows to fight corruption
- Locals duped by power plant promises
- China, Viet Nam agree to take strategic partnership to next level