President Truong Tan Sang on August 6 held talks with visiting chairman of the Presidium of the Supreme People’s Assembly of the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea (DPRK) Kim Yong-nam.
The talks between Vietnamese and DPRK delegations Photo: VNA
Sang described the DPRK leader’s visit as an important contribution to the consolidation and development of the traditional friendship and cooperation between the two countries.
The two sides affirmed the importance of and wish for the unceasing consolidation and development of their traditional friendship, meeting the aspirations and interests of the two nations, as well as contributing to peace, stability, cooperation and development in the region.
The two sides agreed to continue maintaining visits by high-ranking leaders and exchange of delegations at all levels, and to make bilateral economic cooperation more practical in the principle of mutual benefit and strengths.
In the immediate future, the Vietnam-DPRK Inter-Governmental Committee for Economic, Scientific and Technological Cooperation should focus on measures to remove barriers.
The Vietnamese side welcomed visits by the DPRK delegations at all levels to share experience and study Vietnam ’s national construction and development.
The two sides agreed to enhance cooperation in agriculture, culture, art, sports, education-training, and people-to-people exchange.
Regarding regional and international issues, the leaders agreed to continue maintaining close coordination at international and regional forums such as the ASEAN Regional Forum (ARF) and the Non-Aligned Movement (NAM), while strengthening the exchange of views on issues of common concern.
On the Korean Peninsula issue, President Sang affirmed that Vietnam consistently supports a peaceful, stable and nuclear-free Korean Peninsular.
Vietnam wants the concerned parties to make efforts to promote dialogue and take practical actions to boost the nuclear non-proliferation on the Korean Peninsula , he said.
Vietnam also supports dialogue, reconciliation, cooperation and peaceful reunification between the two Koreas , and does not back the use or threat to use force, he stressed.
Regarding the East Sea issue, Kim Yong-nam expressed support for the settlement of disputes and emerging issues through peaceful dialogue in order to strengthen the friendship among countries and ensure regional peace and stability.
President Sang sent condolences and deep sympathies to Kim Yong-nam and the DPRK people over serious human and property losses caused by recent natural disasters.
He also informed his guest of Vietnam’s decision to provide 5,000 tonnes of rice for the DPRK people.
The DPRK leader expressed thanks for the aid, saying that it will be a great source of encouragement for the DPRK to soon overcome difficulties.
Source: Tuoi Tre News
|< Prev||Next >|
» President encourages Belarus business ties
» China-Vietnam Youth Gala enlivens youngsters
» Vietnamese, Chinese youth urged to cement friendship
Latest Category Posts
- US State Secretary to visit Vietnam, Philippines
- Vietnam, Guangdong enhance cooperative ties
- PM’s visit to Japan cements bilateral ties
- Vietnam pursues policy to protect human rights
- President signs order to implement newly revised Constitution
- PM says maintaining economic stability crucial for HCM City
- Philippines keen to bolster ties with Viet Nam
- Vietnam, Spain speed up defence cooperation
- Viet Nam reviews human rights laws
- Viet Nam, Laos, Cambodia strengthen Front work
Popular Category Posts
- Gold pit collapses, burying four gold miners
- Viet Nam, Belgium agree to widen business co-operation
- Viet Nam, Russia hold sixth strategic dialogue
- Typhoon Nari devastates central Vietnam
- State funeral to be held for General Giap
- PM Dung welcomes strategic partnership efforts with France
- Thousands of people march on street with pregnant woman’s coffin
- China, VN build Friendship Palace
- 3 Vietnamese expats among 49 killed in Laos plane crash
- Party Plenum opens in Ha Noi
- Deputy PM greets China–Vietnam Association Chairman
- Deputy PM praises elderly role models for development drive
- Foreign ship in distress near Ly Son Island
- General Vo Nguyen Giap leaves Hanoi in people's tears
- Revised law eyes better environment for bidding
- Thousands of people pray at General Vo Nguyen Giap’s grave
- Death toll in firework warehouse explosion in Phu Tho rises to 24
- People's Air Force marks fifth decade
- ASEAN leaders approve documents that put forward ambitious visions
- VN helps to unite ASEAN community