Deputy Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc will visit Laos and co-chair a mid-term session of the Vietnam-Laos Inter-government Committee from August 11-14.
Both sides will review the implementation of cooperation agreements between the two governments in the first six months of 2012 and work out measures to realise the agreements in the second half.
They will discuss ways to institutionalise the Vietnam-Laos and Laos-Vietnam Sub-committees for Cooperation to make their operations more efficient.
During his stay, Phuc will pay courtesy visits to senior Lao leaders and make a fact-finding tour of several Vietnamese-funded projects in Laos.
After Laos, Phuc will visit Cambodia from August 14-16 at the invitation of his Cambodian counterpart Ke Kim Yan.
The visit aims to increase cooperation in the fight against prostitution and drug trafficking between the two countries.
Phuc is scheduled to meet with Prime Minister Hun Sen.
Source: VOV News
|< Prev||Next >|
» Police rewarded after arresting drug trafficking ring leader
» Vice PM calls for more efforts in crime combat
» Ho Chi Minh City urged to step up crime fight
Latest Category Posts
- Vietnam joins efforts to ensure maritime security
- Vietnam actively joins efforts in promoting human rights
- HCM City, Guangdong boost all-around cooperation
- Proper policies help defeat religious abuse plots
- HCM City seeks scientific, tech cooperation with US
- Vietnam, US talk to promote defence ties
- Vietnam pursues policy to protect human rights
- President signs order to implement newly revised Constitution
- PM says maintaining economic stability crucial for HCM City
- Philippines keen to bolster ties with Viet Nam
Random Category Picks
Popular Category Posts
- Gold pit collapses, burying four gold miners
- Viet Nam, Belgium agree to widen business co-operation
- Viet Nam, Russia hold sixth strategic dialogue
- Typhoon Nari devastates central Vietnam
- State funeral to be held for General Giap
- PM Dung welcomes strategic partnership efforts with France
- Thousands of people march on street with pregnant woman’s coffin
- China, VN build Friendship Palace
- 3 Vietnamese expats among 49 killed in Laos plane crash
- Party Plenum opens in Ha Noi
- Deputy PM greets China–Vietnam Association Chairman
- Deputy PM praises elderly role models for development drive
- General Vo Nguyen Giap leaves Hanoi in people's tears
- Foreign ship in distress near Ly Son Island
- Revised law eyes better environment for bidding
- Thousands of people pray at General Vo Nguyen Giap’s grave
- Death toll in firework warehouse explosion in Phu Tho rises to 24
- People's Air Force marks fifth decade
- ASEAN leaders approve documents that put forward ambitious visions
- VN helps to unite ASEAN community