The unemployment rate among Vietnam’s work force was 2.88 percent in 2010.
The General Statistics Office (GSO) announced at a press briefing in Hanoi on Dec. 31 that the rate at urban area was 4.43 percent and rural area, 2.27 percent.
Compared to last year, the country’s unemployment rate decreased by 0.02 percent with the urban area down 0.17 percent, while the rural area was up 0.02 percent.
According to the GSO, Vietnam has 50.51 million people aged from 15 in 2010, a year-on-year increase of 2.68 percent, including 46.21 million people at the working age, a rise of 2.12 percent.
The agency also reported a rate of working-age population of 77.3 percent in 2010 compared to 76.5 percent in 2009.
The rate of workers at agro-forestry and fishery sector decreased from 51.9 percent in 2009 to 48.2 percent in 2010 while that of the industry and construction sectors increased from 21.6 percent to 22.4 percent and service sector, up from 26.5 percent to 29.4 percent.
|< Prev||Next >|
» Hospital staff in blood test scam get jail time
» Inventory index soars on low consumption
» Work begins on $1.3b thermal power plant in Binh Thuan
Latest Category Posts
- Amendments to Investment Law discussed at ministry workshop
- Soft skills a must for Vietnamese workers
- VietnamWorks programmes support job seekers
- Work accident inspections progress slowly
- Over 1,400 jobs introduced at Ho Chi Minh city work fair
- Migrant workers need protection: official
- Decree expands reach of social insurance fund
- Vietnam considers cutting 100,000 state jobs by 2020
- Hundreds of workers strike for non-payment
- Northern city increases vocational training and job creation
Random Category Picks
Popular Category Posts
- Unemployment rate among young Vietnamese remains high
- Vietnam among countries with lowest unemployment rate
- Ho Chi Minh City boosts female employment
- Vietnam among countries with the lowest unemployment rates
- Domestic helpers earn higher pay than bachelors
- Collective labour disputes under discussion
- Vietnam’s 100 best places to work announced
- Thua Thien-Hue IZs generate jobs for nearly 16,000 workers
- More businesses shut down, more workers get unemployed
- Over 5 million rural workers employed in five years
- Making golden population hay, improving workforce
- 45 Vietnamese workers sent to South Korea after program suspension
- Harsh year from Korean labour market
- Canada supports protecting the rights of domestic workers
- Ministry eyes 1.6m new jobs in 2014
- FDI businesses in Dong Nai need employees
- Demand rises for seasonal workers
- No major labour market fluctuations after holiday
- Ministry offers training to 1.7 million labourers
- No major labour market fluctuations