General Secretary Nong Duc Manh and State President Nguyen Minh Triet on Nov. 23 sent messages of condolences to Cambodian King Norodom Sihamoni over the recent disaster in the country that killed hundreds of people.
The same day, PM Nguyen Tan Dung cabled a message of condolences to his counterpart HunSen and National Assembly chairman Nguyen Phu Trong extended sympathy to President of the Senate Chea Sim and President of National Assembly Heng Samrin.
Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Minister Pham Gia Khiem also sent condolences to Cambodian Deputy PM and Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation Hor Namhong.
In the messages, Vietnamese leaders expressed deepest sympathies to Cambodian leaders, people and victims’ families.
The accident took place at an annual water festival in the Cambodian capital city of Phnom Penh, killing over 300 people and leaving hundreds of others injured.
|< Prev||Next >|
» The foreign capital flow unknown
» Per capita income in Vietnam reaches almost USD2,000
» Two Vietnamese killed in Yemen terrorist attack
Latest Category Posts
- New airport to be built in Binh Thuan
- 8-year-old kids row to school
- The funeral without the body - victim of cosmetic surgeon
- Two Vietnamese killed in Yemen terrorist attack
- Vietnam's population is aging the fastest in the world
- Farmers face difficulties in modern times
- Ha Noi reaches GRDP goals
- Hanoi’s mobile shops on motorcycles
- Viet Nam delegation attends food conference
- Surgical lesson
Random Category Picks
- US-based organisation supports Thai Nguyen in water project
- Workplace accidents on the rise in Vietnam
- Vietnam, Argentina mark 40-year relationship
- Documentary series follows legendary Ho Chi Minh Trail
- Greener Viet Nam expected through new int'l initiative
- Russia endorses labor cooperation agreement with Vietnam
Popular Category Posts
- Secondary school students join wildlife protection programme
- Vietnam’s population hits 90 million
- Vietnamese border guards rescue 19 Cambodians in flood
- US and Vietnamese authorities, businesses to share best practices in airport operations
- Super typhoon makes landfall in central Vietnam
- Newborn baby ineligibly named board chairman
- HCM City to inspect 25 state-owned firms
- Ha Noi trade hotspots inspected for fire risk
- Are dog thieves to blame for fatal vigilante attacks?
- Rotary presents wheelchairs for children with disability
- General Vo Nguyen Giap's funeral in Quang Binh
- Foreigners praise General Vo Nguyen Giap
- Vietnam mourns General Vo Nguyen Giap
- Japanese teacher’s body kept in hospital in HCMC
- Finance ministry’s salary cut proposal faces government opposition
- City families shifted for embankment works
- Vietnam to restructure agriculture and profit farmers: Minister
- In pictures: People pay tribute to General Giap outside funeral home
- General Vo Nguyen Giap to rest in peace on Quang Binh’s island
- Ha Noi police patrol streets to stop crime