Newly appointed Foreign Minister Phạm Bình Minh has recently stressed the necessity to boost relations with all other nations and diversify global integration from its current economic focus to all fields.
Newly appointed Foreign Minister Phạm Bình Minh
Mr. Minh announced this shift of emphasis following a meeting held by the National Assembly in Hà Nội on August 3.
The diplomat said that the Foreign Ministry will turn strategic partnerships, which Việt Nam has established with a number of countries, into concrete action while establishing strategic partnership with other countries.
Việt Nam will participate in resolving issues of not only national concern but also of international concern, in an effort to maintain peace for development and increase the nation’s international image, the new Foreign Minister said.
Diplomacy is responsible for contributing to national defense, including the task of firmly safeguarding the national sovereignty, said Mr. Minh in response to questions about the Foreign Ministry’s policy towards the East Sea issue. Maintaining peace, stability and boosting ties with other countries would be the most effective measure to defend the national sovereignty, he added.
The newly appointed Foreign Minister also pledged to promote the national prestige in the international arena, which has constantly increased in the recent past.
The diplomat went on to mention the country’s World Trade Organization membership, its success in hosting Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation Forum Leaders’ Meeting and competently fulfilling the role of ASEAN chairmanship and a non-permanent member of the UN Security Council./
Source: VGP News
|< Prev||Next >|
» Vietnamese people consume 3 billion litres of beer in 2013
» Hanoi receives more than 2.5 million foreign tourists
» Macroeconomic instability leading to speculation
Latest Category Posts
- Vietnam promotes gender equality, women’s rights
- Vietnam prepares for UN anti-corruption convention review
- 300 year-old tomb discovered, being studied
- $2,500 for a pair of Dong Tao chickens
- One in three kids have no birth certificate
- 3 injured in southern Vietnam fire
- Lam Dong Province donates charity house to veteran soldier
- Lang Son border gates brace for H7N9 virus spread
- Vietnam urged to ratify global waterways treaty
- HCM City marks upcoming Japanese National Day
Random Category Picks
Popular Category Posts
- Super typhoon makes landfall in central Vietnam
- Newborn baby ineligibly named board chairman
- HCM City to inspect 25 state-owned firms
- General Vo Nguyen Giap's funeral in Quang Binh
- Foreigners praise General Vo Nguyen Giap
- Vietnam mourns General Vo Nguyen Giap
- Finance ministry’s salary cut proposal faces government opposition
- Japanese teacher’s body kept in hospital in HCMC
- City families shifted for embankment works
- Vietnam to restructure agriculture and profit farmers: Minister
- General Vo Nguyen Giap to rest in peace on Quang Binh’s island
- In pictures: People pay tribute to General Giap outside funeral home
- Central Vietnam devastated after storm Wutip
- Facebook page of General Vo Nguyen Giap launched by his family
- U.S. reporter cries when talking about General Vo Nguyen Giap
- Hospitals pulled up on violation charges
- The first images of Vietnam’s 90 millionth citizen
- Fake doctors a big problem in HCM City
- Bodies of two workers swept away in hydropower plant's tunnel found
- Big leaps after 25 years of renovation