The Government requests ministries, sectors and localities in the remaining months of this year to continue to vigorously take synchronous, effective measures to curb inflation, stabilize macro-economy and ensure social security, according to a Cabinet’s newly issued Resolution 91/NQ-CP.
Gradually decreasing lending interest rates
The Government asks the State Bank of Việt Nam to continue implementing effective, tightened monetary policies; gradually lower lending interest rates in line with the target of maintaining credit growth of below 20% and gaining GDP growth of some 6%.
The central bank will be responsible for coordinating with the Ministry of Public Security and relevant agencies to better manage and control gold and foreign currency trading.
Meanwhile, the Ministry of Planning and Investment is tasked to prioritize resources for production and business development; quickly review performances of enterprises, especially those in difficulty, recommend measures to deal with, and report them to the Prime Minister.
The Ministry of Finance is assigned to strengthen measures to control prices of goods, especially petroleum and oil and quickly implement the 13th National Assembly’s Resolution 08/2011/QH13 on tax reduction and exemption .
Bolstering large scale goods production
The Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development is required to host and coordinate with localities to instruct the further development of large-scale goods production, apply scientific and technological advancements to raise productivity and quality of plants and animals; monitor and ensure food security, foster export of agricultural products, improve income and life of farmers.
The Resolution also states that the Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment, the Ministry of Industry and Trade, the Ministry of Construction and agencies and localities should temporarily cease licensing the exploration and exploitation of minerals nationwide; focus on reviewing the current situation of licensing the exploration, exploitation, processing and export of minerals; recommend measures to effectively manage and use mineral resources, ensuring sustainable development goals.
Strengthening social security
The Government tasks ministries, agencies and localities to continue to take synchronous measures to ensure social security, especially in disadvantaged areas and people; pay due attention to dealing with issues relating to legitimate interests and rights of laborers, build up harmonious and sound labor relations in enterprises…
According to the Resolution, the 10% saved from regular spending in the last 9 months of 2011 is earmarked for social security.
Striving to gain economic growth rate of 6.5% next year
The Government has set general targets for 2012: Continuing to focus on curbing inflation, stabilizing macro-economy, achieving sound economic growth rates in relation with reforming growth models and economic restructure, improving quality, effectiveness and competitiveness of the economy; ensuring social security and welfares, improve people’s life; maintaining political security, reinforcing national defense, ensuring social security, order and safety; enhancing effectiveness of external affairs and international integration.
The major socioeconomic targets set for 2012 include gaining economic growth of some 6.5%, keeping trade deficit and state budget overspending lower than the realized targets set for 2011; keeping consumer price index under 10%; striving to reach poverty reduction rate of 2%, mainly in poor districts.
Source: VGP News
|< Prev||Next >|
» New airport to be built in Binh Thuan
» Per capita income in Vietnam reaches almost USD2,000
» UN General Assembly elects Jordan to Security Council seat
Latest Category Posts
- New airport to be built in Binh Thuan
- 8-year-old kids row to school
- The funeral without the body - victim of cosmetic surgeon
- Two Vietnamese killed in Yemen terrorist attack
- Vietnam's population is aging the fastest in the world
- Farmers face difficulties in modern times
- Ha Noi reaches GRDP goals
- Hanoi’s mobile shops on motorcycles
- Delta applies technology to rice cultivation
- Quality assurance offered on smaller scale
Random Category Picks
Popular Category Posts
- Secondary school students join wildlife protection programme
- Vietnam’s population hits 90 million
- Super typhoon makes landfall in central Vietnam
- Newborn baby ineligibly named board chairman
- HCM City to inspect 25 state-owned firms
- Ha Noi trade hotspots inspected for fire risk
- Are dog thieves to blame for fatal vigilante attacks?
- Rotary presents wheelchairs for children with disability
- General Vo Nguyen Giap's funeral in Quang Binh
- Foreigners praise General Vo Nguyen Giap
- Vietnam mourns General Vo Nguyen Giap
- Japanese teacher’s body kept in hospital in HCMC
- Finance ministry’s salary cut proposal faces government opposition
- City families shifted for embankment works
- Vietnam to restructure agriculture and profit farmers: Minister
- In pictures: People pay tribute to General Giap outside funeral home
- General Vo Nguyen Giap to rest in peace on Quang Binh’s island
- Ha Noi police patrol streets to stop crime
- U.S. reporter cries when talking about General Vo Nguyen Giap
- Central Vietnam devastated after storm Wutip