Many footprints suspected of an adult tiger have been found by the bank of Bua River in the mountainous districts Nam Tra My and Son Tay of Quang Nam and Quang Ngai provinces in the central region.
A footprint is suspected of an adult tiger. It is found by the bank of Bua River in mountainous provinces Quang Nam and Quang Ngai, Photo: Tuoi Tre
Each print that has five nails is measured at 70cm wide.
Land registry official Nguyen Quang Trung of Tra Van Commune said local residents have many times discovered similar footmarks in the area. He noted it is normal if tiger appears at the area as it borders to vast primeval forests.
A teacher of Tra Van Primary School confirmed that he has seen a three-legged tiger in the area in 2008. It is probably the tiger escaped a trap and lost a leg.
Ho Van Thap from the third village in Tra Van Commune added he had witnessed a tiger sneaking into his village at night catching pig, cow and buffalos.
Many similar footprints had been found by the banks of Leng River in Tra Leng Commune of Nam Tra My.
Local authorities are investigating the marks.
Footprints suspected of an adult tiger are found in Nam Tra My and Son Tay (Photo: Tuoi Tre)
|< Prev||Next >|
» Lao Cai’s buffalo herd granted national brand status
» Visiting gold-leaf village in Hanoi
» Ancient coracles provide link to the past
Latest Category Posts
- In pictures: Road to Vietnam's largest port severely subsided
- PM: Hai Phong does more to attract investment
- Local authorities recall deadly spurious liquor
- Central health watchdog teams to ensure food safety during Tet
- Reunion TV show organizer apologizes for 2 wrong cases
- Vietnam, Morocco meet to bolter ties
- Vietnam, Guangdong enhance cooperative ties
- PM’s visit to Japan cements bilateral ties
- Vice President presents gifts to storm victims
- Strengthening Vietnam-Japan strategic partnership
Popular Category Posts
- Secondary school students join wildlife protection programme
- Super typhoon makes landfall in central Vietnam
- Newborn baby ineligibly named board chairman
- HCM City to inspect 25 state-owned firms
- Are dog thieves to blame for fatal vigilante attacks?
- Ha Noi trade hotspots inspected for fire risk
- General Vo Nguyen Giap's funeral in Quang Binh
- Foreigners praise General Vo Nguyen Giap
- Vietnam mourns General Vo Nguyen Giap
- Japanese teacher’s body kept in hospital in HCMC
- Finance ministry’s salary cut proposal faces government opposition
- City families shifted for embankment works
- Vietnam to restructure agriculture and profit farmers: Minister
- General Vo Nguyen Giap to rest in peace on Quang Binh’s island
- In pictures: People pay tribute to General Giap outside funeral home
- Central Vietnam devastated after storm Wutip
- Facebook page of General Vo Nguyen Giap launched by his family
- U.S. reporter cries when talking about General Vo Nguyen Giap
- Child helmet campaign enjoys success
- Hospitals pulled up on violation charges