The Australian Agency for International Development (AusAID) and the World Bank (WB) have recently signed a strategic partnership agreement to jointly support Việt Nam’s longterm socioeconomic development.
Under the five-year agreement, AusAID will provide AUD 58 million to the WB’s investment and advisory program to assist Việt Nam.
The partnership aims to foster an enabling environment for improving economic competitiveness, increasing environmental sustainability, and broadening access to economic and social opportunities. It will help enhance cooperation between AusAID and the WB in working for development effectiveness in Việt Nam.
Australian Ambassador to Việt Nam Allaster Cox expressed delight to have the opportunity to partner with the World Bank in joint efforts to support Việt Nam’s development agenda.
The analysis in our respective country partnership strategies has identified key constraints to Việt Nam’s development and shows a shared view on the responses needed to assist Việt Nam with its development efforts, she added.
Ms. Victoria Kwakwa, the WB Country Director for Việt Nam noted that the agreement marks a new phase in the partnership between AusAID and the World Bank in support of Việt Nam's development.
The approach is more strategic and proactive while also allowing adequate flexibility to respond to emerging priorities in the Government's reform program, she confirmed.
This stepped up engagement will be mutually beneficial and help deliver stronger development results for Việt Nam, she added.
The proposed engagements are aligned with and directly address the priorities outlined in the Vietnamese Government’s five-year Socio-Economic Development Plan 2011-2015 (SEDP) which is supported by AusAID’s Strategy for Việt Nam to 2015 and the Bank’s CPS 2012-2016.
Source: VGP News
|< Prev||Next >|
» WB improves sanitary conditions for Red River residents
» Vietnam in global top 10 for foreign remittances
» WB confirms no loans for Asiad facilities
Latest Category Posts
- Soldiers practice for the 60th Dien Bien Phu Victory parade
- Phu My Hung brings Rubber Duck to Vietnam kids
- Vietnam leases land to Germany at almost $0 for German House construction
- Northern province increases cooperation with Russia
- Vietnamese journalists aim for Asian Journalism Awards
- Vietnam requests Japan provide official information on $780,000 graft accusation
- Border troops build houses for needy locals
- Good deeds of an officer praised
- Troubled fishermen rescued
- Troops join enhancement course
Popular Category Posts
- Luggage restrictions set on Vietnam Airlines stewards
- UNESCO helps Quang Nam develop craft villages
- Action programme against domestic violence approved
- Roaming "monks" descend on Tay Ho Pagoda
- Hundreds of luxury cars 'abandoned' at Saigon seaports to be handled
- Hanoi officials requested to not use Yahoo, Gmail mailboxes
- Fishermen return after Tet with bumper catch
- Five cities to pilot public bicycle rental services
- Information leakage case may be put on hold
- Vietnam recognised as the lowest country in Southeast Asia for infant death
- Vietnam’s pain through Luca Prasso’s lens
- Child labour rate in Vietnam lower than world average
- Pilgrims pay homage to Lord Buddha
- Photos of Vietnamese kids during the wartime
- Vietnam mobilized biggest-ever force to search for the missing plane
- UK Prince presents helmets to children
- Deputy Minister of Public Security Pham Quy Ngo passes away
- Pilgrims flock to Gen. Giap’s resting place on Tet
- Fresh policies come into force in February
- Same-sex marriage gets partial support