The National Assembly is expected to adopt 13 bills and a draft resolution, and debate 7 other bills in its mid-year session, according to NA Office Chairman Nguyen Hanh Phuc.
Relevant agencies are putting the finishing touches to reports on socio-economic development and budget spending, and supervisory reports to be submitted to the 7th or 8th sessions of the NA Standing Committee in early May, said Phuc in a report presented at the ongoing session of the NA Standing Committee.
He also proposed broadcasting live more debates on hot issues, including economic restructuring, amendments to the Labour Code, and punitive measures against administrative violations, via the national radio and television networks.
Nguyen Kim Khoa, chairman of the NA Committee for National Defence and Security, proposed that the Government report on the implementation of a Government resolution on traffic safety, collection of road transport fees and surcharges, and the result of changes in school and work hours in major cities.
Phan Trung Ly, chairman of the NA Committee for Legal Affairs, also emphasized the need to broadcast live debates on tertiary education and anti-smoking bills, as well as a plan to improve the operational efficiency of the legislature.
The NA Standing Committee began its 6th session in Hanoi on March 19.
|< Prev||Next >|
» New rules on human trafficking a step forward
» Algeria’s 60th national day marked in Hanoi
» Motorbike owners rebel over new road-use fees
Latest Category Posts
- Vietnam active in global peace keeping
- Lao Cai recognised as type II city
- Army units present houses to policy beneficiaries
- Algeria’s 60th national day marked in Hanoi
- The Navy holds martial arts competition
- Preparations for AARM-24 inspected
- Cows donated to disadvantaged border communities in Thanh Hoa
- Military units help locals deal with flooding
- Belarus Cultural Days to be held in Vietnam
- Vietnam commits to better ensuring human rights
Random Category Picks
Popular Category Posts
- Bo De Pagoda kids, elderly relocated
- Typhoon Kalmaegi rips through Quang Ninh, ruining over 1,000 hectares of crops
- China told to explain attacks on fishermen
- Ha Tinh: District chairman urges companies to use locally made beer, mineral water
- More National Day congratulations extended to Vietnam
- Vietnam to buy 10,000 Ebola protective clothing
- HCM City flood-prevention projects lack funds
- Malaysia’s National Day celebrated in Hanoi
- Lang Son: landslides claim seven lives
- Tragic accident sparks debate over sleeping buses
- Hanoi meeting marks 66th DPRK National Day
- Australian road safety group donates helmets to Vietnamese children
- Male Vietnamese suicides triple rate of females in Vietnam: WHO
- Vietnam-Venezuela: 25 Years of Sustainable Development
- Vietnam-China fishery cooperation in Tonkin Gulf under review
- Northern district authority promotes Saigon beer
- City embarks on plan to protect Cu Chi Tunnels
- Int'l food security conference held
- Torrential rains submerge Central Highland province
- Vietnam-Japan youth exchange comes to a close