The National Assembly is expected to adopt 13 bills and a draft resolution, and debate 7 other bills in its mid-year session, according to NA Office Chairman Nguyen Hanh Phuc.
Relevant agencies are putting the finishing touches to reports on socio-economic development and budget spending, and supervisory reports to be submitted to the 7th or 8th sessions of the NA Standing Committee in early May, said Phuc in a report presented at the ongoing session of the NA Standing Committee.
He also proposed broadcasting live more debates on hot issues, including economic restructuring, amendments to the Labour Code, and punitive measures against administrative violations, via the national radio and television networks.
Nguyen Kim Khoa, chairman of the NA Committee for National Defence and Security, proposed that the Government report on the implementation of a Government resolution on traffic safety, collection of road transport fees and surcharges, and the result of changes in school and work hours in major cities.
Phan Trung Ly, chairman of the NA Committee for Legal Affairs, also emphasized the need to broadcast live debates on tertiary education and anti-smoking bills, as well as a plan to improve the operational efficiency of the legislature.
The NA Standing Committee began its 6th session in Hanoi on March 19.
|< Prev||Next >|
» Selfie and selfie culture
» Ministry gets tough on education reform
» Biodiversity conservation centre established in national park
Latest Category Posts
- Selfie and selfie culture
- Vietnam’s National Day marked abroad
- HCM City enhances relations with int’l partners
- Exhibitions affirm Vietnam’s sea, island sovereignty
- Construction industry expo opens in HCM City
- More prisoners released for National Day
- Central provinces bestows “Heroic Mother” title on over 600 women
- USAID-funded HIV prevention project launched in An Giang
- PM gives green light to 2016 International Biology Olympiad
- Six seamen rescued after ship sinks
Popular Category Posts
- 18,000 Vietnamese marry foreigners each year
- Hanoi ranks 8th in terms of child welfare, rights
- Legal remarks for Vietnam’s lawsuit against China
- Geneva agreement – great victory of Vietnamese diplomacy
- Photos: Vietnamese ship rammed by five Chinese vessels
- Public outcry over work permits granted to 2,100 Chinese
- Friendship associations in Europe again protest China’s wrongful acts
- Substandard helmets cause headache for police and drivers
- Online prostitution services booming
- Vietnamese people hold rally in Vienna against China’s acts
- Journalist writes her way to success
- Chinese drilling rig pulled out of Vietnam’s waters
- Photos: Lang Son ravaged by floods
- Over 500 Vietnamese workers remain in Libya
- Vietnam remains 14th most populous country in the world
- 14-year-old boy cycles 250km after getting lost on way to wedding
- Air traffic controller suspended for near-collision on Vietnam runway
- French officials support Vietnam’s East Sea stance
- Typhoon Rammasun death toll rises to 11
- Photos: Soldiers who still 'fight' in peace-time.