The National Assembly is expected to adopt 13 bills and a draft resolution, and debate 7 other bills in its mid-year session, according to NA Office Chairman Nguyen Hanh Phuc.
Relevant agencies are putting the finishing touches to reports on socio-economic development and budget spending, and supervisory reports to be submitted to the 7th or 8th sessions of the NA Standing Committee in early May, said Phuc in a report presented at the ongoing session of the NA Standing Committee.
He also proposed broadcasting live more debates on hot issues, including economic restructuring, amendments to the Labour Code, and punitive measures against administrative violations, via the national radio and television networks.
Nguyen Kim Khoa, chairman of the NA Committee for National Defence and Security, proposed that the Government report on the implementation of a Government resolution on traffic safety, collection of road transport fees and surcharges, and the result of changes in school and work hours in major cities.
Phan Trung Ly, chairman of the NA Committee for Legal Affairs, also emphasized the need to broadcast live debates on tertiary education and anti-smoking bills, as well as a plan to improve the operational efficiency of the legislature.
The NA Standing Committee began its 6th session in Hanoi on March 19.
|< Prev||Next >|
» Government expects 5.8 percent economic growth for 2014
» New foreign language exemptions for high school graduation exam
» Statue set for national recognition
Latest Category Posts
- Quakes of up to 7 on the Richter scale likely in northwestern Vietnam
- Political News 21/10
- Voters’ opinions heard at National Assembly
- Roundtable features India-Vietnam cooperation
- Vietnam reaps notable success at ASEM 10
- Two oldest sisters in Vietnam announced
- Foreign media notices signs of improving Vietnam-China relations
- Contributing to deepening relations between Vietnam and partners
- Prime Minister’s Europe trip deemed a success
- Viet Nam agrees air services, military support with Finland
Random Category Picks
- Deputy military political chief meets revolutionary contributors
- Ho Chi Minh City sappers collect war-era bomb, shell
- Da Nang on track for dioxin clean-up by 2016
- Greetings to Khmer people on Sene Dolta Festival
- Mekong Delta relocates flood-prone households
- Ceramic lotus fountain beautifies Hanoi’s public space
Popular Category Posts
- Over 500 Vietnamese workers remain in Libya
- China told to explain attacks on fishermen
- Typhoon Kalmaegi rips through Quang Ninh, ruining over 1,000 hectares of crops
- Photos: Soldiers who still 'fight' in peace-time.
- Bo De Pagoda kids, elderly relocated
- Ha Tinh: District chairman urges companies to use locally made beer, mineral water
- Vietnam decries China’s illegal activities on Paracel islands
- More National Day congratulations extended to Vietnam
- HCM City flood-prevention projects lack funds
- Malaysia’s National Day celebrated in Hanoi
- Lang Son: landslides claim seven lives
- FM spokesperson condemns China’s East Sea book printing
- Vietnam to buy 10,000 Ebola protective clothing
- ASEAN to deliberate maritime security and safety in East Sea
- Tragic accident sparks debate over sleeping buses
- Australian road safety group donates helmets to Vietnamese children
- Vietnam opposes Australian ruling
- Hanoi meeting marks 66th DPRK National Day
- Male Vietnamese suicides triple rate of females in Vietnam: WHO
- Hydrofoil route may resume operations