The National Assembly is expected to adopt 13 bills and a draft resolution, and debate 7 other bills in its mid-year session, according to NA Office Chairman Nguyen Hanh Phuc.
Relevant agencies are putting the finishing touches to reports on socio-economic development and budget spending, and supervisory reports to be submitted to the 7th or 8th sessions of the NA Standing Committee in early May, said Phuc in a report presented at the ongoing session of the NA Standing Committee.
He also proposed broadcasting live more debates on hot issues, including economic restructuring, amendments to the Labour Code, and punitive measures against administrative violations, via the national radio and television networks.
Nguyen Kim Khoa, chairman of the NA Committee for National Defence and Security, proposed that the Government report on the implementation of a Government resolution on traffic safety, collection of road transport fees and surcharges, and the result of changes in school and work hours in major cities.
Phan Trung Ly, chairman of the NA Committee for Legal Affairs, also emphasized the need to broadcast live debates on tertiary education and anti-smoking bills, as well as a plan to improve the operational efficiency of the legislature.
The NA Standing Committee began its 6th session in Hanoi on March 19.
|< Prev||Next >|
» Increased human protections offered as H5N2 outbreak spreads
» MOF fears state budget lacks money as banks don’t buy bonds
» HCM City schools have no seats for six- to 12-month old children
Latest Category Posts
- National traffic safety week focuses on kids
- Mom with 35 kids has her hands and heart full
- Experts hail Viet Nam's post-war achievements
- Net cast wider for radioactive material
- City expands programme to regulate medicine prices
- 177 Ha Noi prisoners get clemency
- Tien Giang has new hi-tech health centre
- Fire at chemical firm brought under control
- Doctors save man with mycotic aneurysm
- Construction of VN bomb and mine centre commences
Popular Category Posts
- Vietnam’s corruption fighter Nguyen Ba Thanh dies at 62
- Ho Chi Minh City maternity infirmary inaugurates bronze bust of famous Empress Dowager
- Japan, VN sign contracts for NGO projects
- Inter-Parliamentary Union's 132nd Assembly opens in Ha Noi
- Theft, robbery rampant in Ho Chi Minh City University’s residential areas
- Death of Commander Hugo Chavez commemorated in Hanoi
- Vietnamese, Japanese PMs hold phone talks
- Foreigners to receive VAT refund at Phu Quoc international airport
- 65 phone calls made to denounce corruption during Tet
- Gov't employees to receive pay rises
- Vietnam’s southern hub’s bustling ambiance after Tet holiday (photos)
- HCM City hails researchers' role in development
- Abandoned Boeing in Saigon
- Vietnam workers fret over overdue pays ahead of Tet
- Karaoke singing with full-capacity speakers maddens residents in southern Vietnam
- PM discusses major expressway investments with Ha Noi leaders
- 15 die, 6,200 hospitalized for injuries after fights over Tet holiday
- Deputy PM gives order to upgrade National Highway 1A in Quang Nam
- Police on the alert at Huong Pagoda Festival
- Ha Noi sets up self-management teams