The National Assembly is expected to adopt 13 bills and a draft resolution, and debate 7 other bills in its mid-year session, according to NA Office Chairman Nguyen Hanh Phuc.
Relevant agencies are putting the finishing touches to reports on socio-economic development and budget spending, and supervisory reports to be submitted to the 7th or 8th sessions of the NA Standing Committee in early May, said Phuc in a report presented at the ongoing session of the NA Standing Committee.
He also proposed broadcasting live more debates on hot issues, including economic restructuring, amendments to the Labour Code, and punitive measures against administrative violations, via the national radio and television networks.
Nguyen Kim Khoa, chairman of the NA Committee for National Defence and Security, proposed that the Government report on the implementation of a Government resolution on traffic safety, collection of road transport fees and surcharges, and the result of changes in school and work hours in major cities.
Phan Trung Ly, chairman of the NA Committee for Legal Affairs, also emphasized the need to broadcast live debates on tertiary education and anti-smoking bills, as well as a plan to improve the operational efficiency of the legislature.
The NA Standing Committee began its 6th session in Hanoi on March 19.
|< Prev||Next >|
» Three members of family die in road accident
» Can Tho economy expands at fast pace in six months
» Vietnam seeks emerging market status
Latest Category Posts
- Two detained with 8,000 ecstasy pills
- Lao Cai issues rabies alert as vaccinations increase
- Sapa’s temperature drops to 13oC in summer
- Construction of Bac Giang-Lang Son City Expressway begins
- Marine police seizes smuggled tobacco from motorboat
- Kon Tum lacks funds to repair unsafe bridges
- Mekong-Japan relations to foster ASEAN integration
- Open dialogue can resolve differences: Party leader
- City to shut down illegal child shelter
- Ha Noi-Sapa link road gets Lao Cai approval
Random Category Picks
Popular Category Posts
- President attends Russia's victory parade in Moscow
- Chairman's Statement of 26th ASEAN Summit issued
- National traffic safety week focuses on kids
- Da Nang to pioneer testing of motorbikes' exhaust fumes
- Vietnam, Thailand beef up defence cooperation
- ASEAN Summit focuses on uniting region
- Hundreds of Vietnamese children join Swedish Embassy event on traffic safety
- New Canadian law hurtful:VN
- Thai royals back Viet Nam ties
- More than 500 flights were delayed during holiday
- Vietnam Embassy confirms support for nationals
- HCM City exhibition showcases achievements
- Crashed jet pilots given posthumous promotions
- Veterans gather to mark 40th anniversary of Truong Sa (Spratlys) liberation
- Vietnam commits to fighting human trafficking
- Experts hail Viet Nam's post-war achievements
- Lightning claims woman's life in Quang Tri
- Prime Minister attends reunification anniversary in Kien Giang
- Water company asked to meet city's demand
- CAAV plan seeks to tighten baggage security