The National Assembly is expected to adopt 13 bills and a draft resolution, and debate 7 other bills in its mid-year session, according to NA Office Chairman Nguyen Hanh Phuc.
Relevant agencies are putting the finishing touches to reports on socio-economic development and budget spending, and supervisory reports to be submitted to the 7th or 8th sessions of the NA Standing Committee in early May, said Phuc in a report presented at the ongoing session of the NA Standing Committee.
He also proposed broadcasting live more debates on hot issues, including economic restructuring, amendments to the Labour Code, and punitive measures against administrative violations, via the national radio and television networks.
Nguyen Kim Khoa, chairman of the NA Committee for National Defence and Security, proposed that the Government report on the implementation of a Government resolution on traffic safety, collection of road transport fees and surcharges, and the result of changes in school and work hours in major cities.
Phan Trung Ly, chairman of the NA Committee for Legal Affairs, also emphasized the need to broadcast live debates on tertiary education and anti-smoking bills, as well as a plan to improve the operational efficiency of the legislature.
The NA Standing Committee began its 6th session in Hanoi on March 19.
|< Prev||Next >|
» Requiem for Dien Bien Phu fallen soldiers
» Outstanding firms receive science-technology award
» Road transport getting more expensive, railway and waterway inconvenient
Latest Category Posts
- Requiem for Dien Bien Phu fallen soldiers
- Outstanding firms receive science-technology award
- Ireland continues financial assistance for Kon Tum
- Hydrogen balloon explosion injures 13
- HCM City plant trees to mark Dien Bien Phu Victory
- Remains of fallen Vietnamese war heroes returned home
- Final round of National Radio Broadcasting Festival
- The Netherlands’ National Day marked in HCM City
- VIR golf tournament an ace for disadvantaged students
- Vietnam minister calls for indefinite ban on Ho Chi Minh City hydrofoils
Popular Category Posts
- Luggage restrictions set on Vietnam Airlines stewards
- UNESCO helps Quang Nam develop craft villages
- Action programme against domestic violence approved
- Roaming "monks" descend on Tay Ho Pagoda
- Hundreds of luxury cars 'abandoned' at Saigon seaports to be handled
- Information leakage case may be put on hold
- Hanoi officials requested to not use Yahoo, Gmail mailboxes
- Vietnam recognised as the lowest country in Southeast Asia for infant death
- Vietnam’s pain through Luca Prasso’s lens
- Child labour rate in Vietnam lower than world average
- Pilgrims pay homage to Lord Buddha
- Photos of Vietnamese kids during the wartime
- Vietnam mobilized biggest-ever force to search for the missing plane
- Deputy Minister of Public Security Pham Quy Ngo passes away
- UK Prince presents helmets to children
- Same-sex marriage gets partial support
- Bank asked to do more for the poor
- Vietnam-Cambodia combat alliance in Dien Bien Phu Campaign
- Dac Lac’s border guards help consolidate Vietnam-Cambodia ties
- City urged to enhance heritage values