The National Assembly is expected to adopt 13 bills and a draft resolution, and debate 7 other bills in its mid-year session, according to NA Office Chairman Nguyen Hanh Phuc.
Relevant agencies are putting the finishing touches to reports on socio-economic development and budget spending, and supervisory reports to be submitted to the 7th or 8th sessions of the NA Standing Committee in early May, said Phuc in a report presented at the ongoing session of the NA Standing Committee.
He also proposed broadcasting live more debates on hot issues, including economic restructuring, amendments to the Labour Code, and punitive measures against administrative violations, via the national radio and television networks.
Nguyen Kim Khoa, chairman of the NA Committee for National Defence and Security, proposed that the Government report on the implementation of a Government resolution on traffic safety, collection of road transport fees and surcharges, and the result of changes in school and work hours in major cities.
Phan Trung Ly, chairman of the NA Committee for Legal Affairs, also emphasized the need to broadcast live debates on tertiary education and anti-smoking bills, as well as a plan to improve the operational efficiency of the legislature.
The NA Standing Committee began its 6th session in Hanoi on March 19.
|< Prev||Next >|
» King Sihamoni hails Cambodia-Vietnam ties
» VietJet unveils new flights connecting Da Nang, South Korea
» Lee, Kim take table tennis golds
Latest Category Posts
- VN mulls ban on liquor sales after 22h
- Three hospitals to perform surrogate services
- Master of martial art sect found dead in Hanoi drain
- Political News 22/7
- Rammasun-hit localities endeavour to fix damage
- HCM City, Japanese firms make deal on metro line
- Hanoi traffic police trained in first aid skills
- Obama seeks increased NATO spending, 'trans-Atlantic solidarity'
- English teaching experts discuss Asian classrooms
- Dyke safety zone violations increase across capital
Popular Category Posts
- ‘Modern' kids drive parents to distraction
- Vietnam posts high rural electrification rate
- Prime Minister highlights Vietnam’s role at ASEAN Summit
- Hanoi, Da Nang, HCM City march against China’s illegal actions
- Vietnam announces 10 records related to Hoang Sa, Truong Sa archipelagoes
- Single-motherhood begins to appeal to urbane Vietnamese women
- Bird flu epidemic may return to Vietnam
- Secondhand stuff turned into luxury brand clothes in Vietnam
- National paediatrics conference convened in Hue
- Activities to mark President Ho Chi Minh's birthday
- Vietnam attends Asia-Pacific Roundtable in Malaysia
- Hanoi ranks 8th in terms of child welfare, rights
- Vietnam responds World No Tobacco Day 2014
- Prime Minister urges to defend sovereignty in accordance with the law
- Nick Vujicic returns to Vietnam
- Vietnam, Russia hold friendship exchange
- Citizen identification bill gets approval from NA committee, likely valid next year
- Photos: Vietnamese ship rammed by five Chinese vessels
- Vietnam attends Global Summit of Women in Paris
- Family Day targets personality development