Authorities in Central Da Nang City have decided to halt public auto, office equipment and working facility purchases worth VND100 million (US$4,800) and over, according to the Vietnam News Agency.
The move, which came into effect on April 16, is aimed at curbing inflation and ensuring social security.
Exceptions for purchase include ODA projects and on-going capital construction works as well as canoes and ships serving rescue and salvage purposes.
In case of complication, the city will organise specialised vehicles to meet demand or adjust measures accordingly.
The city will also allow agencies to buy refrigerators serving for health treatment and scientific research, air-conditioners for information technology facilities, amongst others.
|< Prev||Next >|
» Vietnam may import 20,000 boxes of fireworks for New Year
» Bicycles come back into fashion
» HCM City People’s Council opens 12th session
Latest Category Posts
- Vietnam anti-corruption initiative launched
- Ho Chi Minh City urged to step up crime fight
- French Week kicks off in Da Lat city
- Vietnam to host 10th ASEAN Skills Competition
- Japan associations grant scholarships to students
- Man burns himself, leading to his granddaughter’s death
- Vietnam may import 20,000 boxes of fireworks for New Year
- PM Dung to visit Japan, attend summits
- No Vietnamese killed in bomb attack in Yemen
- Four die in work accident
Popular Category Posts
- Secondary school students join wildlife protection programme
- Super typhoon makes landfall in central Vietnam
- Newborn baby ineligibly named board chairman
- HCM City to inspect 25 state-owned firms
- Ha Noi trade hotspots inspected for fire risk
- Are dog thieves to blame for fatal vigilante attacks?
- General Vo Nguyen Giap's funeral in Quang Binh
- Foreigners praise General Vo Nguyen Giap
- Vietnam mourns General Vo Nguyen Giap
- Japanese teacher’s body kept in hospital in HCMC
- Finance ministry’s salary cut proposal faces government opposition
- City families shifted for embankment works
- Vietnam to restructure agriculture and profit farmers: Minister
- General Vo Nguyen Giap to rest in peace on Quang Binh’s island
- In pictures: People pay tribute to General Giap outside funeral home
- Facebook page of General Vo Nguyen Giap launched by his family
- U.S. reporter cries when talking about General Vo Nguyen Giap
- Central Vietnam devastated after storm Wutip
- Child helmet campaign enjoys success
- Hospitals pulled up on violation charges