Ten farmers in southeastern Dong Nai province have been fined VND15 million ($714) each for the use of illegal Beta-agonist substances in rearing pigs.
A smaller farm was fined VND3 million ($143).
Beta agonists are used to stimulate growth in animals. In humans they can cause increased heart rates, indigestion and other harmful side effects.
The fines were imposed by district People's Committees following farm inspections by Dong Nai's Department of Animal Health.
Inspectors examined 93 samples of pork, animal feed and pigs' urine on farms in Trang Bom and Thong Nhat districts.
The provincial Department of Agriculture and Rural Development has asked police to trace the origins of the banned substances.
|< Prev||Next >|
» One-week term transactions overwhelm interbank market
» US-funded agriculture project helps Quang Tri farmers
» Unsafe food problem continues in Vietnam
Latest Category Posts
- Rubber poses risk to forest areas
- Japan helps VN develop biofuels
- Da Nang plant to treat wastewater
- Toll hikes concern transport operators
- HCM City forecasts lower budget collections in 2014
- More international support needed in the battle against HIV/AIDS
- Employment Law, other legislation made public
- Prime Minister visits Japan to bolster economic co-operation
- Party chief calls for greater support from the elderly
- Late South African President commemorated in Hanoi
Random Category Picks
Popular Category Posts
- Super typhoon makes landfall in central Vietnam
- Newborn baby ineligibly named board chairman
- HCM City to inspect 25 state-owned firms
- General Vo Nguyen Giap's funeral in Quang Binh
- Foreigners praise General Vo Nguyen Giap
- Vietnam mourns General Vo Nguyen Giap
- Finance ministry’s salary cut proposal faces government opposition
- Japanese teacher’s body kept in hospital in HCMC
- City families shifted for embankment works
- Vietnam to restructure agriculture and profit farmers: Minister
- In pictures: People pay tribute to General Giap outside funeral home
- General Vo Nguyen Giap to rest in peace on Quang Binh’s island
- Central Vietnam devastated after storm Wutip
- Facebook page of General Vo Nguyen Giap launched by his family
- U.S. reporter cries when talking about General Vo Nguyen Giap
- Hospitals pulled up on violation charges
- Fake doctors a big problem in HCM City
- The first images of Vietnam’s 90 millionth citizen
- Bodies of two workers swept away in hydropower plant's tunnel found
- Big leaps after 25 years of renovation