The Central Steering Committee for Anti-Corruption yesterday launched websites to better provide people with information about the field in Vietnam.
Poliburo member, Deputy Prime Minister and Vice Chairman of the committee Nguyen Xuan Phuc attended the launch ceremony in the capital, activating the www.phongchongthamnhung.vn, www.oscac.gov.vn and www.oscac.vn portals.
Emphasising the important role of communication in the fight against corruption, Phuc urged the portal administrators to deliver timely information on good anti-corruption procedures, protection for corruption fighters and exposure of violations.
Phuc asked ministries, sectors and agencies at central and local levels to actively contribute to the portals.
The portals, as official voices of the committee, would publish laws and policies of the Party and State. It is expected to be a bridge between the Party, State and people in making concrete efforts in fighting corruption.
According to a newly released report on governance and public administration, a proportion of Vietnamese still think that bribery is necessary to access better public services including healthcare, education, employment and land use. Petty corruption is still an everyday problem in Vietnam.
Meanwhile, at a national meeting last March, Phuc reported that nearly 3,000 Party members had been punished for corruption during the past five years.
|< Prev||Next >|
» Anti-corruption dialogue held in Hanoi
» Gov’t leader committed to anti-corruption efforts
» Corruption fight falls short of expectations
Latest Category Posts
- Internet Day 2013 marked with seminar
- Vietnam, Cambodia step up education cooperation
- Winner of Vietnam-Sweden logo contest announced
- Vietnam, US share experience in dioxin cleanup
- National Action Month on Population launched
- Workshop promotes support for UXOs victims in Vietnam
- Quang Ngai flood victims given relief aid
- Vietnam’s Nguyen Dynasty rule over disputed islands
- Hanoi hosts int’l conference on urban development
- Poland assists Vietnam in mausoleum work
Random Category Picks
Popular Category Posts
- Secondary school students join wildlife protection programme
- Vietnam’s population hits 90 million
- ASEAN coffee, cashew planters trade techniques
- Vietnamese border guards rescue 19 Cambodians in flood
- US and Vietnamese authorities, businesses to share best practices in airport operations
- Super typhoon makes landfall in central Vietnam
- Ha Noi trade hotspots inspected for fire risk
- Newborn baby ineligibly named board chairman
- HCM City to inspect 25 state-owned firms
- Are dog thieves to blame for fatal vigilante attacks?
- Rotary presents wheelchairs for children with disability
- General Vo Nguyen Giap's funeral in Quang Binh
- Foreigners praise General Vo Nguyen Giap
- Vietnam mourns General Vo Nguyen Giap
- Japanese teacher’s body kept in hospital in HCMC
- Finance ministry’s salary cut proposal faces government opposition
- Government moves to strengthen child adoption practices
- Vietnam to restructure agriculture and profit farmers: Minister
- City families shifted for embankment works
- Fake fertilisers must be rooted out: seminar