A Vietnam Airlines plane’s tire was punctured as it tried to land at Ho Chi Minh City’s Tan Son Nhat airport last Sunday evening.
At 5.49pm, Flight VN503 departing from Guangzhou, carrying 136 passengers and 8 crew landed on the runway but did not stop until it had passed 50m from the end of the touchdown zone.
According to airport information, the runway was slippery due to heavy rain and a tire of the plane was blown off as the pilot was braking hard.
Vietnam Airlines said their crew carried out safety measures and managed to land at the end of the runway.
After the plane had stopped, Vietnam Airlines took more than an hour to repair and replace the tire at the site before they towed the jet back to the factory for technical tests.
The plane that encountered the problem was an Airbus A321-231, manufactured in February 2007 and in operation since. The plane’s last periodical maintenance was on April 27 this year.
|< Prev||Next >|
» Vietnam Airlines installs self check-in kiosks
» Airplane lands on fuselage
» Scammers bait victims with cheap plane tickets
Latest Category Posts
- 300 year-old tomb discovered, being studied
- $2,500 for a pair of Dong Tao chickens
- One in three kids have no birth certificate
- 3 injured in southern Vietnam fire
- Lam Dong Province donates charity house to veteran soldier
- Lang Son border gates brace for H7N9 virus spread
- Vietnam urged to ratify global waterways treaty
- HCM City marks upcoming Japanese National Day
- Vietnam, Indonesia boost naval ties
- Retail sector eyes new development chances
Popular Category Posts
- Super typhoon makes landfall in central Vietnam
- Newborn baby ineligibly named board chairman
- HCM City to inspect 25 state-owned firms
- Are dog thieves to blame for fatal vigilante attacks?
- General Vo Nguyen Giap's funeral in Quang Binh
- Foreigners praise General Vo Nguyen Giap
- Vietnam mourns General Vo Nguyen Giap
- Finance ministry’s salary cut proposal faces government opposition
- Japanese teacher’s body kept in hospital in HCMC
- City families shifted for embankment works
- Vietnam to restructure agriculture and profit farmers: Minister
- General Vo Nguyen Giap to rest in peace on Quang Binh’s island
- In pictures: People pay tribute to General Giap outside funeral home
- Central Vietnam devastated after storm Wutip
- Facebook page of General Vo Nguyen Giap launched by his family
- U.S. reporter cries when talking about General Vo Nguyen Giap
- Hospitals pulled up on violation charges
- The first images of Vietnam’s 90 millionth citizen
- Fake doctors a big problem in HCM City
- Bodies of two workers swept away in hydropower plant's tunnel found