The development of eco-friendly agriculture and ways to boost the production of organic vegetables were the major topics of a seminar held in Hanoi on May 8.
Illustrative image , Photo: VNA
The seminar was jointly held by the Vietnam Farmers’ Association (VFA) and the Asian Farmers’ Association for Sustainable Rural Development.
Speaking at the event, VFA Vice President Ha Phuc Mich said organic agriculture is seen as the most effective way to ensure sustainability of the ecosystem and organic vegetables are a sought after agricultural product.
Delegates at the event stressed the increasing consumption trend of organic vegetables worldwide, especially in developing countries, thanks to their benefits to human health and the environment.
They also discussed a broad range of issues regarding the production of organic vegetables in Vietnam such as differences between the production of organic vegetables and their chemically grown counterparts, the role of businesses in this field, impacts of urbanisation, food prices and climate change on production as well as opportunities and prospects for the development of organic vegetables.
While pointing out challenges facing Vietnamese farmers, delegates shared experience and proposed measures to help the country develop production models for organic vegetables.
|< Prev||Next >|
» Markets to stock organic goods
» Using organic food, organic cosmetics now in fashion
Latest Category Posts
- Photos: The most dangerous floating bridge in Quang Nam
- Vietnam Airlines warns of increase in in-flight theft
- Supermarkets sell dubious veggies
- Efficient rice farming to curb emissions
- ADB funds upgrades to education, infrastructure
- Community supervision helps limit corruption
- VN, US to work for peace, prosperity
- Vigilance urged against animal diseases
- Pigs pumped with pond water
- Fireworks plan for new bridge sparks controversy in Hanoi
Popular Category Posts
- Vietnam to launch campaign to combat drunk drivers
- Vietnam PM approves 9-day Lunar New Year holiday
- Inexperienced, unlicensed foreign drivers rent bikes freely in Vietnam's backpacker's area
- Vietnam’s efforts for a peaceful and prosperous ASEAN Community
- Nguyen Ba Thanh expected to leave US for Vietnam today
- Vietnam wants to further friendship with India
- Vietnamese woman made famous by David Beckham faces penalties for breaking traffic rules
- Laos appreciates support of Vietnamese mission in Geneva
- Vietnam’s strategic opportunity with the US
- Vietnam to recognize international driver's license in 2015
- Vietnam welcomes US House’s Resolution H.Res 714
- Vietnam seeks high-tech solution to traffic death toll
- HCM City announces results of confidence vote
- HCM City officials visit Laos
- Laos, Vietnam adopt measures for increased cooperation
- Vietnam treasures time-honoured friendship with Russia
- Hanoi police investigate “red-book” corruption allegation
- Southeast Asian volunteers assist locals in Thua Thien – Hue
- Bulgaria wants closer ties with VN
- Two provinces have new chair, vice chair