The development of eco-friendly agriculture and ways to boost the production of organic vegetables were the major topics of a seminar held in Hanoi on May 8.
Illustrative image , Photo: VNA
The seminar was jointly held by the Vietnam Farmers’ Association (VFA) and the Asian Farmers’ Association for Sustainable Rural Development.
Speaking at the event, VFA Vice President Ha Phuc Mich said organic agriculture is seen as the most effective way to ensure sustainability of the ecosystem and organic vegetables are a sought after agricultural product.
Delegates at the event stressed the increasing consumption trend of organic vegetables worldwide, especially in developing countries, thanks to their benefits to human health and the environment.
They also discussed a broad range of issues regarding the production of organic vegetables in Vietnam such as differences between the production of organic vegetables and their chemically grown counterparts, the role of businesses in this field, impacts of urbanisation, food prices and climate change on production as well as opportunities and prospects for the development of organic vegetables.
While pointing out challenges facing Vietnamese farmers, delegates shared experience and proposed measures to help the country develop production models for organic vegetables.
|< Prev||Next >|
» Markets to stock organic goods
» Using organic food, organic cosmetics now in fashion
Latest Category Posts
- Strengthening supervision of payment systems
- VN-Chile FTA and opportunities
- Transport Ministry establishes special unit to inspect road contractors
- VN, Japan Cooperation Committee convenes sixth session
- Police seize 500 kilograms of rotting animal entrails
- American man fined for disorderly conduct in Da Nang
- Vietnam calls on parties to not complicate East Sea issue
- Voluntary pension scheme needed
- Dishonest Vietnamese travel firm disappears after duping 100 tourists
- Capital survey will measure satisfaction
Popular Category Posts
- ‘Modern' kids drive parents to distraction
- Vietnam announces 10 records related to Hoang Sa, Truong Sa archipelagoes
- Secondhand stuff turned into luxury brand clothes in Vietnam
- Single-motherhood begins to appeal to urbane Vietnamese women
- National paediatrics conference convened in Hue
- Vietnam attends Asia-Pacific Roundtable in Malaysia
- Hanoi ranks 8th in terms of child welfare, rights
- Vietnam responds World No Tobacco Day 2014
- Vietnam attends Global Summit of Women in Paris
- Nick Vujicic returns to Vietnam
- Photos: Vietnamese ship rammed by five Chinese vessels
- Citizen identification bill gets approval from NA committee, likely valid next year
- Family Day targets personality development
- Friendship associations in Europe again protest China’s wrongful acts
- Geneva agreement – great victory of Vietnamese diplomacy
- Startups by ‘dropouts' blaze a trail
- Dien Bien Phu victory discussed in Argentina
- Golden population structure offers opportunities, challenges
- Online prostitution services booming
- Substandard helmets cause headache for police and drivers