The development of eco-friendly agriculture and ways to boost the production of organic vegetables were the major topics of a seminar held in Hanoi on May 8.
Illustrative image , Photo: VNA
The seminar was jointly held by the Vietnam Farmers’ Association (VFA) and the Asian Farmers’ Association for Sustainable Rural Development.
Speaking at the event, VFA Vice President Ha Phuc Mich said organic agriculture is seen as the most effective way to ensure sustainability of the ecosystem and organic vegetables are a sought after agricultural product.
Delegates at the event stressed the increasing consumption trend of organic vegetables worldwide, especially in developing countries, thanks to their benefits to human health and the environment.
They also discussed a broad range of issues regarding the production of organic vegetables in Vietnam such as differences between the production of organic vegetables and their chemically grown counterparts, the role of businesses in this field, impacts of urbanisation, food prices and climate change on production as well as opportunities and prospects for the development of organic vegetables.
While pointing out challenges facing Vietnamese farmers, delegates shared experience and proposed measures to help the country develop production models for organic vegetables.
|< Prev||Next >|
» Markets to stock organic goods
» Using organic food, organic cosmetics now in fashion
Latest Category Posts
- Workshop talks approaches to SEA cross-border livelihoods
- EVN HCMC asked for better performance
- Ho Chi Minh City determined to tackle inundation
- Four ministries implement macro-economic management regulation
- Vietnam wishes to promote all-round cooperation with Pakistan
- Pesticides circular lacks safety push
- Ha Noi told to fight sexual harassment in public transport
- Ha Noi urges speed on bus station expansion
- Ha Giang targets minority poverty
- U.S. Pacific Fleet leader visits Vietnam to boost ties
Popular Category Posts
- HCM City flood-prevention projects lack funds
- Quang Ninh-Thanh Hoa at highest risk of powerful storms: study
- City urged to save part of old trade centre for posterity
- Inexperienced, unlicensed foreign drivers rent bikes freely in Vietnam's backpacker's area
- Vietnam to launch campaign to combat drunk drivers
- Minister says corruption still exists in land certificate issuance
- Sexual bribery exists in Vietnam: official
- Vietnam's National Assembly to discuss China's East Sea strategy
- Hanoi sets off fireworks to celebrate Liberation Day
- President listens to voters' opinions
- Vietnam Military History Museum receives new exhibits
- Vietnam’s efforts for a peaceful and prosperous ASEAN Community
- Vietnam, Belgium in new period of cooperation
- Deputy PM to visit Japan, Iran
- Donors praise Vietnam’s climate change adaptation efforts
- Vietnam’s seafood, agricultural products make way to Singapore
- Laos appreciates support of Vietnamese mission in Geneva
- Vietnam wants to further friendship with India
- Ha Noi hosts int’l public admin meet
- Vietnam to recognize international driver's license in 2015