The development of eco-friendly agriculture and ways to boost the production of organic vegetables were the major topics of a seminar held in Hanoi on May 8.
Illustrative image , Photo: VNA
The seminar was jointly held by the Vietnam Farmers’ Association (VFA) and the Asian Farmers’ Association for Sustainable Rural Development.
Speaking at the event, VFA Vice President Ha Phuc Mich said organic agriculture is seen as the most effective way to ensure sustainability of the ecosystem and organic vegetables are a sought after agricultural product.
Delegates at the event stressed the increasing consumption trend of organic vegetables worldwide, especially in developing countries, thanks to their benefits to human health and the environment.
They also discussed a broad range of issues regarding the production of organic vegetables in Vietnam such as differences between the production of organic vegetables and their chemically grown counterparts, the role of businesses in this field, impacts of urbanisation, food prices and climate change on production as well as opportunities and prospects for the development of organic vegetables.
While pointing out challenges facing Vietnamese farmers, delegates shared experience and proposed measures to help the country develop production models for organic vegetables.
|< Prev||Next >|
» Markets to stock organic goods
» Using organic food, organic cosmetics now in fashion
Latest Category Posts
- Serious damage
- Ha Noi steps up JE prevention
- City to shut down illegal child shelter
- Ha Noi-Sapa link road gets Lao Cai approval
- HCM City seeks $900m for wastewater treatment plants
- First half employment vacancies up 34%: recruiter
- Rains, storms to hit many provinces
- Southwest patients to get free treatment
- City to crackdown on illegal fishing
- Condition of rescued fishermen stable
Random Category Picks
- Tay Ninh's infrastructure development work yields results
- Ha Noi calls for input on renewal of landmark lake
- Viet Nam, UN to strengthen ties and promote UN charter
- World Bank finances public transport system in Ho Chi Minh City
- President Ho’s birthday celebrated in Europe, Asia
- Dong Nai farmers battle pepper seedling thieves
Popular Category Posts
- President attends Russia's victory parade in Moscow
- Chairman's Statement of 26th ASEAN Summit issued
- National traffic safety week focuses on kids
- Da Nang to pioneer testing of motorbikes' exhaust fumes
- Vietnam, Thailand beef up defence cooperation
- ASEAN Summit focuses on uniting region
- Hundreds of Vietnamese children join Swedish Embassy event on traffic safety
- New Canadian law hurtful:VN
- Thai royals back Viet Nam ties
- More than 500 flights were delayed during holiday
- Vietnam Embassy confirms support for nationals
- HCM City exhibition showcases achievements
- Crashed jet pilots given posthumous promotions
- Veterans gather to mark 40th anniversary of Truong Sa (Spratlys) liberation
- Vietnam commits to fighting human trafficking
- Experts hail Viet Nam's post-war achievements
- Lightning claims woman's life in Quang Tri
- Prime Minister attends reunification anniversary in Kien Giang
- Water company asked to meet city's demand
- CAAV plan seeks to tighten baggage security