The development of eco-friendly agriculture and ways to boost the production of organic vegetables were the major topics of a seminar held in Hanoi on May 8.
Illustrative image , Photo: VNA
The seminar was jointly held by the Vietnam Farmers’ Association (VFA) and the Asian Farmers’ Association for Sustainable Rural Development.
Speaking at the event, VFA Vice President Ha Phuc Mich said organic agriculture is seen as the most effective way to ensure sustainability of the ecosystem and organic vegetables are a sought after agricultural product.
Delegates at the event stressed the increasing consumption trend of organic vegetables worldwide, especially in developing countries, thanks to their benefits to human health and the environment.
They also discussed a broad range of issues regarding the production of organic vegetables in Vietnam such as differences between the production of organic vegetables and their chemically grown counterparts, the role of businesses in this field, impacts of urbanisation, food prices and climate change on production as well as opportunities and prospects for the development of organic vegetables.
While pointing out challenges facing Vietnamese farmers, delegates shared experience and proposed measures to help the country develop production models for organic vegetables.
|< Prev||Next >|
» Markets to stock organic goods
» Using organic food, organic cosmetics now in fashion
Latest Category Posts
- Provinces to help each other with sea rescues
- Four injured after jumping to escape fire
- VN to seek new water sources underground
- Traffic fines, confiscations to rise
- Origin of 700 tonnes of illegal coal yet to be determined
- Ha Noi job promotion centre sees employer-applicant gap
- Collision of Vietnamese and Chinese planes averted: Report
- Fire destroys fishing boat in Quang Nam
- Pleiku Airport closed temporarily for repair
- Ha Noi sets up self-management teams
Popular Category Posts
- Nguyen Ba Thanh expected to leave US for Vietnam today
- Vietnam seeks high-tech solution to traffic death toll
- Ho Chi Minh City to offer Tet allowance to poor people, elderly
- HCM City's Fire Department using robot-operated trucks
- Vietnam Airlines warns of increase in in-flight theft
- CNN ‘Ones to Watch’ to honour Vietnamese architect Vo Trong Nghia
- Vietnam’s corruption fighter Nguyen Ba Thanh dies at 62
- HCM City officials visit Laos
- Mr. Nguyen Ba Thanh still in the US for medical treatment
- Condition of corruption fighter Nguyen Ba Thanh has improved: experts
- Vietnam to compete in 24 skills at World Skills Competition
- Illuminated signs render Ho Chi Minh City shops, karaoke bars vulnerable to fire
- Japan congressman visits Vietnam
- Party leader Trong hails effective Viet Nam-Laos collaboration
- Over $14 million needed to repair Long Bien Bridge
- Fire destroys tailor shop, kills 6
- HCMC cop dismissed after fatal hit-and-run
- CPVCC scrutinises draft report on socio-economic development
- José Martí’s 162nd birth anniversary marked in Hanoi
- Vietnam strives to reduce poverty rate