The development of eco-friendly agriculture and ways to boost the production of organic vegetables were the major topics of a seminar held in Hanoi on May 8.
Illustrative image , Photo: VNA
The seminar was jointly held by the Vietnam Farmers’ Association (VFA) and the Asian Farmers’ Association for Sustainable Rural Development.
Speaking at the event, VFA Vice President Ha Phuc Mich said organic agriculture is seen as the most effective way to ensure sustainability of the ecosystem and organic vegetables are a sought after agricultural product.
Delegates at the event stressed the increasing consumption trend of organic vegetables worldwide, especially in developing countries, thanks to their benefits to human health and the environment.
They also discussed a broad range of issues regarding the production of organic vegetables in Vietnam such as differences between the production of organic vegetables and their chemically grown counterparts, the role of businesses in this field, impacts of urbanisation, food prices and climate change on production as well as opportunities and prospects for the development of organic vegetables.
While pointing out challenges facing Vietnamese farmers, delegates shared experience and proposed measures to help the country develop production models for organic vegetables.
|< Prev||Next >|
» Markets to stock organic goods
» Using organic food, organic cosmetics now in fashion
Latest Category Posts
- Tests complete at Chemicals Olympiad
- Scholars discuss East Sea in HCM City
- Kanagawa Prefecture proposes setting up industrial park
- EU offers assistance to Vietnam
- FM spokesperson reiterates indisputable sovereignty
- Ministry unveils proposals on late night liquor sales
- Proposal on visa-exempt extension for Russian visitors
- VN, Czech boost all-round ties
- USAID continues to support climate resilient urban planning
- Tay Ninh moves to combat cross-border drug trafficking
Random Category Picks
- Vietnam remains 14th most populous country in the world
- China moves illegal oil rig 100 meters north in Vietnam’s waters
- Chinese ships form 3 rounds to protect illegal rig in Vietnam’s waters
- VN should stay focused on economy, despite East Sea issue: Deputy PM
- Photos to prove China’s violation of Vietnam’s waters
- President: Vietnam is not dependent on any country
Popular Category Posts
- ‘Modern' kids drive parents to distraction
- Prime Minister highlights Vietnam’s role at ASEAN Summit
- Vietnam announces 10 records related to Hoang Sa, Truong Sa archipelagoes
- Single-motherhood begins to appeal to urbane Vietnamese women
- Secondhand stuff turned into luxury brand clothes in Vietnam
- National paediatrics conference convened in Hue
- Activities to mark President Ho Chi Minh's birthday
- Vietnam attends Asia-Pacific Roundtable in Malaysia
- Hanoi ranks 8th in terms of child welfare, rights
- Vietnam responds World No Tobacco Day 2014
- Prime Minister urges to defend sovereignty in accordance with the law
- Vietnam, Russia hold friendship exchange
- Nick Vujicic returns to Vietnam
- Vietnam attends Global Summit of Women in Paris
- Citizen identification bill gets approval from NA committee, likely valid next year
- Photos: Vietnamese ship rammed by five Chinese vessels
- Family Day targets personality development
- Friendship associations in Europe again protest China’s wrongful acts
- Startups by ‘dropouts' blaze a trail
- Dien Bien Phu victory discussed in Argentina