The development of eco-friendly agriculture and ways to boost the production of organic vegetables were the major topics of a seminar held in Hanoi on May 8.
Illustrative image , Photo: VNA
The seminar was jointly held by the Vietnam Farmers’ Association (VFA) and the Asian Farmers’ Association for Sustainable Rural Development.
Speaking at the event, VFA Vice President Ha Phuc Mich said organic agriculture is seen as the most effective way to ensure sustainability of the ecosystem and organic vegetables are a sought after agricultural product.
Delegates at the event stressed the increasing consumption trend of organic vegetables worldwide, especially in developing countries, thanks to their benefits to human health and the environment.
They also discussed a broad range of issues regarding the production of organic vegetables in Vietnam such as differences between the production of organic vegetables and their chemically grown counterparts, the role of businesses in this field, impacts of urbanisation, food prices and climate change on production as well as opportunities and prospects for the development of organic vegetables.
While pointing out challenges facing Vietnamese farmers, delegates shared experience and proposed measures to help the country develop production models for organic vegetables.
|< Prev||Next >|
» Markets to stock organic goods
» Using organic food, organic cosmetics now in fashion
Latest Category Posts
- Top Swedish legislator to visit VN
- Party leader Trong receives top Cambodian legislator
- Women parliamentarians discuss realising gender equality frameworks
- Ho Chi Minh City residents shun the sun as summer approaches (photos)
- Leaders welcome IPU guests
- President cuts LG complex ribbon
- Parliaments share visions for sustainable growth in Ha Noi
- NA vice-chairwoman greets Cuban lawmakers
- NA vice-chairman welcomes Swiss parliamentarians
- Hai Duong lychees win US order
Random Category Picks
- Italy-Vietnam Friendship Association launches new branch
- APMEN meet to focus on malaria eradication strategies
- Swedish Ambassador highlights agenda for IPU-132
- VFF leader pays Tet visit to top Buddhist monks
- Two held for carrying arms, sexual stimulants
- Provinces ordered to vigilantly monitor foreign forestry projects
Popular Category Posts
- Ho Chi Minh City maternity infirmary inaugurates bronze bust of famous Empress Dowager
- Vietnam’s corruption fighter Nguyen Ba Thanh dies at 62
- Condition of corruption fighter Nguyen Ba Thanh has improved: experts
- HCM City's Fire Department using robot-operated trucks
- Ho Chi Minh City to offer Tet allowance to poor people, elderly
- Japan, VN sign contracts for NGO projects
- Japan congressman visits Vietnam
- Vietnam Airlines warns of increase in in-flight theft
- Party leader Trong hails effective Viet Nam-Laos collaboration
- HCMC cop dismissed after fatal hit-and-run
- José Martí’s 162nd birth anniversary marked in Hanoi
- Vietnam, Philippines discuss strategic partnership establishment
- Party’s leadership - decisive factor for every victory of Vietnam revolution
- Hanoi, HCM City remember Holocaust victims
- Assistance policies pay off in reducing poverty
- Vietnam strives to reduce poverty rate
- Traffic-guide robot used in HCM City
- Photos: Fishermen earn $500 a day from 'godsend' in central Vietnam
- Highest Tet bonus in HCM City at $21,000
- Theft, robbery rampant in Ho Chi Minh City University’s residential areas