The development of eco-friendly agriculture and ways to boost the production of organic vegetables were the major topics of a seminar held in Hanoi on May 8.
Illustrative image , Photo: VNA
The seminar was jointly held by the Vietnam Farmers’ Association (VFA) and the Asian Farmers’ Association for Sustainable Rural Development.
Speaking at the event, VFA Vice President Ha Phuc Mich said organic agriculture is seen as the most effective way to ensure sustainability of the ecosystem and organic vegetables are a sought after agricultural product.
Delegates at the event stressed the increasing consumption trend of organic vegetables worldwide, especially in developing countries, thanks to their benefits to human health and the environment.
They also discussed a broad range of issues regarding the production of organic vegetables in Vietnam such as differences between the production of organic vegetables and their chemically grown counterparts, the role of businesses in this field, impacts of urbanisation, food prices and climate change on production as well as opportunities and prospects for the development of organic vegetables.
While pointing out challenges facing Vietnamese farmers, delegates shared experience and proposed measures to help the country develop production models for organic vegetables.
|< Prev||Next >|
» Markets to stock organic goods
» Using organic food, organic cosmetics now in fashion
Latest Category Posts
- Early retirement makes deep cuts into social insurance fund
- Vietnam-Venezuela: 25 Years of Sustainable Development
- PM seeks thorough vaccination coverage
- Norway helps boost disaster resilience
- Water supply stations remain broken for years
- Dong Thap prepares land for large-scale paddy fields
- Sweet-toothed insect plagues Tay Ninh
- Duration of customs clearance process revealed
- VNA General Director receives Asia News Network delegation
- Vietnam-China fishery cooperation in Tonkin Gulf under review
Popular Category Posts
- Legal remarks for Vietnam’s lawsuit against China
- 18,000 Vietnamese marry foreigners each year
- Public outcry over work permits granted to 2,100 Chinese
- Geneva agreement – great victory of Vietnamese diplomacy
- Vietnamese people hold rally in Vienna against China’s acts
- Photos: Lang Son ravaged by floods
- FM spokesperson reiterates indisputable sovereignty
- Over 500 Vietnamese workers remain in Libya
- Air traffic controller suspended for near-collision on Vietnam runway
- Vietnam remains 14th most populous country in the world
- Vietnam asks China to investigate death of Vietnamese women in Guangxi
- Chinese drilling rig pulled out of Vietnam’s waters
- Photos: Soldiers who still 'fight' in peace-time.
- 14-year-old boy cycles 250km after getting lost on way to wedding
- China’s real intentions behind new map
- Bo De Pagoda kids, elderly relocated
- Typhoon Rammasun death toll rises to 11
- Ha Tinh: District chairman urges companies to use locally made beer, mineral water
- Project boosts yields for Can Tho farmers
- Tragic accident sparks debate over sleeping buses