Building a large-scale garden house in a rural province is unusual, said the Minister of Information and Communications at the government’s monthly press conference on May 27.
Minister Nguyen Bac Son told the media that the unusual aspect is such a large house is owned by the son of the party secretary of a rural province. However, he noted that there was no official conclusion about this work yet.
The Minister said that the media did its function well when reporting this case.
The local media recently focused on the garden house of more than 4,000 square meters of Bui Thanh Tung, the son of Hai Duong province’s party chief.
This house is located in Dong Tan hamlet, Ninh Giang district. Some local newspapers reported that this house was built illegally on agricultural land and there were many rare trees and expensive ornamental rockworks in the garden. Local residents reported that there is a sua tree worth a million of USD in the garden.
However, investigation shows that the construction is legal because Tung bought over 4,000 square meters of land of four families, worth over VND844 million ($40,000), including 500 square meters of housing land.
At the government’s press conference, Minister Son asked the media to continue reporting the case to the public.
National Assembly deputy Dinh Xuan Thao said that inspectors of the Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment, the Ministry of Home Affairs and the Central Inspection Committee should investigate assets of Hai Duong province’s party chief, Mr. Bui Thanh Quhen.
Thao added that the NA delegation of Hai Duong province should be responsible to combine with relevant agencies to clarify the issue.
|< Prev||Next >|
Latest Category Posts
- Saigon: 12 tons of two-year-outdated beef in seafood warehouse
- The garden of five-fruit trees in Hanoi
- Gov't delays slow housing projects
- Public sector set for future revamp
- Central Saigon splendidly decorated for Christmas
- Cold spell continues to chill northern region
- Campaign pushes local drugs
- Delta sugar farmers hit by lower prices
- The reunion on Truong Sa
- Xmas greetings to Catholic, Protestant followers
Popular Category Posts
- General Vo Nguyen Giap's funeral in Quang Binh
- Vietnam mourns General Vo Nguyen Giap
- Foreigners praise General Vo Nguyen Giap
- In pictures: People pay tribute to General Giap outside funeral home
- General Vo Nguyen Giap to rest in peace on Quang Binh’s island
- U.S. reporter cries when talking about General Vo Nguyen Giap
- Facebook page of General Vo Nguyen Giap launched by his family
- The first images of Vietnam’s 90 millionth citizen
- Hospitals pulled up on violation charges
- Big leaps after 25 years of renovation
- Fake doctors a big problem in HCM City
- Bodies of two workers swept away in hydropower plant's tunnel found
- Farmers' Delta fishing dries up
- Two major hospitals in HCMC appropriate billion dong from patients
- Da Nang, Binh Phuoc get ready for one-stop policy
- 6 dead, 7 missing in heavily flooded central Vietnam
- The final minutes of General Vo Nguyen Giap
- Mechanisation transforms craft villages
- Italy to open consulate in HCM City this year
- No one to blame for firework blast that killed 24, ministry says