Strategic partnership relations between Vietnam and Russia have been flourishing in various fields, noted Consul General of the Russian Federation in Ho Chi Minh city Anatoli Vasilievich Borovik.
In economic area, the two-way trade volume reached over US $3 billion last year, he said.
Currently, Vietnam, Russia, Belarus and Kazakhstan are negotiating for a free trade agreement which is expected to further boost the bilateral trade value.
Regarding energy sector, both sides are now focusing on petrol and nuclear power projects.
In recent years, an increasing number of Russian tourists came to visit Vietnam. In 2011 alone, Vietnam welcomed more than 160,000 Russian travellers.
Both sides are also accelerating national defense cooperation, Mr. Borovik said.
Source: VGP News
|< Prev||Next >|
» Vietnam, Brunei navies establish hotline
» Vietnam, Laos promote education cooperation
» Deputy PM welcomes Thai official in Hanoi
Latest Category Posts
- Repatriation of US servicemen’s remains held in Da Nang
- Photo contest illuminates EVN’s devotion to country
- Hanoi tax evader jailed for 28 months
- Vietnam ensures highest implementation of human rights
- HCMC strives to reduce number of poor households
- City intensifies supervision of goods supply, price for Tet
- Customers, gas suppliers worry over gas price hike
- Can Tho hopes for future new technology centre
- Vietnam imports 1.2 million tons of milk annually
- Big travel companies sell out coach tickets for Tet holidays
Random Category Picks
- More tributes pour in for late General Giap
- Gov’t leader committed to anti-corruption efforts
- In photos: Water tanks on the roof make Hanoi ugly
- Vietnam desires to contribute to UN Human Rights Council
- HCMC residents struggling with flooding
- NA completes working agenda in year-end sessionNA completes working agenda in year-end session
Popular Category Posts
- Secondary school students join wildlife protection programme
- Vietnam’s population hits 90 million
- Vietnamese border guards rescue 19 Cambodians in flood
- US and Vietnamese authorities, businesses to share best practices in airport operations
- Super typhoon makes landfall in central Vietnam
- Newborn baby ineligibly named board chairman
- HCM City to inspect 25 state-owned firms
- Ha Noi trade hotspots inspected for fire risk
- Are dog thieves to blame for fatal vigilante attacks?
- Rotary presents wheelchairs for children with disability
- General Vo Nguyen Giap's funeral in Quang Binh
- Foreigners praise General Vo Nguyen Giap
- Vietnam mourns General Vo Nguyen Giap
- Japanese teacher’s body kept in hospital in HCMC
- Finance ministry’s salary cut proposal faces government opposition
- Government moves to strengthen child adoption practices
- City families shifted for embankment works
- Vietnam to restructure agriculture and profit farmers: Minister
- In pictures: People pay tribute to General Giap outside funeral home
- NA Chairman calls for agriculture boost