Prime Minister Nguyen Tan Dung has urged the Mekong Delta province of Vinh Long to take advantage of local potential for rapid and sustainable development.
Speaking with the provincial leaders yesterday, Dung noted delta provinces in general and Vinh Long in particular needed to overcome difficulties, especially in its socio-economic infrastructure.
"As a result, with its effort and creativeness, Vinh Long should take advantages of rice production, fruits, fisheries, tourism, services and processing industries to make breakthroughs for development," he said.
Dung asked local officials to pay more attention to infrastructure development in transport and irrigation and to apply technology in production to enhance productivity, quality and competitiveness.
He also reminded them to pay more attention to the implementation of social welfare policies, and the quality of education and healthcare.
He also made suggestions on measures to support farmers in product consumption and local transport and irrigation projects.
Dung and his two deputy PMs, Nguyen Thien Nhan and Vu Van Ninh, were in Vinh Long for the celebration of the 100th birthday of former president of the Council of Ministers Pham Hung.
|< Prev||Next >|
» PISA tests makes MOET surprised, students proud and embarrassed
» Ministry lays out new tuition fee policies
» Successive drop in new cases of HIV in last four years
Latest Category Posts
- New airport to be built in Binh Thuan
- 8-year-old kids row to school
- Parents pose as teens to protect kids online
- Social Headlines December 8
- In pictures: The southwestern flower village prepares for the Tet holiday
- Political Headlines December 8
- Deputy PM examines highway project
- Social Headlines December 7
- Quality assurance offered on smaller scale
- The funeral without the body - victim of cosmetic surgeon
Random Category Picks
- Winner of Vietnam-Sweden logo contest announced
- Art performance commemorates Truong Son soldiers
- Vietnam praised for reaching UN development goals
- In photos: Thousands of people pay homage to General Giap’s grave every day
- Two more deaths in firework warehouse explosion
- The final minutes of General Vo Nguyen Giap
Popular Category Posts
- Secondary school students join wildlife protection programme
- Vietnam’s population hits 90 million
- Vietnamese border guards rescue 19 Cambodians in flood
- US and Vietnamese authorities, businesses to share best practices in airport operations
- Super typhoon makes landfall in central Vietnam
- Newborn baby ineligibly named board chairman
- HCM City to inspect 25 state-owned firms
- Ha Noi trade hotspots inspected for fire risk
- Are dog thieves to blame for fatal vigilante attacks?
- Rotary presents wheelchairs for children with disability
- General Vo Nguyen Giap's funeral in Quang Binh
- Foreigners praise General Vo Nguyen Giap
- Vietnam mourns General Vo Nguyen Giap
- Japanese teacher’s body kept in hospital in HCMC
- Finance ministry’s salary cut proposal faces government opposition
- City families shifted for embankment works
- Vietnam to restructure agriculture and profit farmers: Minister
- In pictures: People pay tribute to General Giap outside funeral home
- General Vo Nguyen Giap to rest in peace on Quang Binh’s island
- Ha Noi police patrol streets to stop crime